Mac Stick Concealer in Fair 01  » Cosmetics  »
  • I started using this concealer when my old trusty Beauty Bar concealer’s shade was discontinued and this served to be a nice shade for my really fair skin, however when I tried Fanny Serrano’s concealer I decided to let this one go as this color turned out to be quite pinkish when compared to Fanny’s Sand concealer
  • Actually, the concealer itself sufficed when I haven’t discovered Fanny’s Sand concealer, and when I was using this it actually turned out to be more long-lasting than the other brands, the only problem is, even this fairest and lightest shade couldn’t match my skin tone but for the qualities, I would rate this to be a 9 out of 10
  • What I like about this concealer more is that even after several hours, my face doesn’t get shiny and the areas where I applied this to doesn’t get obvious that I’ve applied some concealer

• by reviewer

I started using this concealer when my old trusty Beauty Bar concealer’s shade was discontinued and this served to be a nice shade for my really fair skin, however when I tried Fanny Serrano’s concealer I decided to let this one go as this color turned out to be quite pinkish when compared to Fanny’s Sand concealer.

This concealer is apparently the fairest shade for people with really fair skin and it’s the Fair 01 shade, but it doesn’t really do much for my skin tone compared to the other brands. Actually, the concealer itself sufficed when I haven’t discovered Fanny’s Sand concealer, and when I was using this it actually turned out to be more long-lasting than the other brands, the only problem is, even this fairest and lightest shade couldn’t match

my skin tone but for the qualities, I would rate this to be a 9 out of 10.

The texture is very thick and it really blends in well even if I didn’t use any powder on my face. Most of the time I use this just to cover my small freckles and even with no powder or foundation it does it’s work pretty good and it’s very long-lasting even if I wash my face, the concealer doesn’t entirely washes off and my freckles are pretty much not that visible when I rinse my face off lightly without any facial foam.

When applied on my face the texture is almost like a crayon’s and only a small dab would do and would already cover my freckles and it really blends in well ...

• and is long-lasting. What I like about this concealer more is that even after several hours, my face doesn’t get shiny and the areas where I applied this to doesn’t get obvious that I’ve applied some concealer. The pinkish hue is actually a good thing too because it kind of makes my face rosy as if it’s a natural glow unlike the Fanny Serrrano’s sand concealer which totally makes my skin pale, thus still having to apply blush crèmes to combat it’s paleness.

Here as I use this on my cheekbones where my freckles are at and sometimes underneath my eyes, I don’t get a very pale vampire-looking appearance and even with no powder it would suffice. When applied over pressed powder and foundations, the effect is even more beautiful because the

blending is really nice and there’s a pinkish hue that just adds to your face looking naturally healthy and glowing at the same time.

However this shade doesn’t just suffice when I use it to cover some spots on my legs anymore as they turn quite pinkish when I use them for covering really dark spots and I’m better off using a really pale one for those situations, but when it comes to covering freckles, it really is a nice concealer, I just hope they make a larger stick for this one and not the liquid concealers as stick concealers are really to control for me. Overall I’d rate this an 8 out of 10, not much for covering spots for your body but it’s a nice shade with a natural hue for your face.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 318121351041031/k2311a128/12.8.10