Ontel Deluxe Gopher Pick Up and Reaching Tool
  • When I saw this, I thought it was the perfect solution
  • It’s very lightweight so it’s no problem getting it over your head, and there is never any strain on your hands when picking up something from the floor
  • I found it indispensable when my back was so sore
  • I think they should improve the design a bit, but otherwise it is a great product and really saved me a lot of pain
  • I would recommend it for a great many people– back patients, the elderly, those with painful conditions like arthritis and fibromyalgia

• by reviewabit

I first bought one of these tools when I was suffering a very painful lower back injury. It was nearly impossible for me to bend over and pick things up off the floor. When I saw this, I thought it was the perfect solution. The Gopher is a long handled tool that has two suction cups attached to the end, which is a two pronged grip to pick up items securely and hold them until you get them to your hand.

I thought I would be using it mostly for things that fell on the floor, but I found many other great uses for it too.

I can reach things high up in the cabinets now, providing they are not very heavy. It’s very lightweight so it’s no problem getting it over your head, and there is never any strain on your hands when picking up something from the floor.

I found it indispensable when my back was so sore. I literally walked around with it like a cane!

Now my back is better but I still use the Gopher– it is great for retrieving objects from under the bed or top of the closet. I’ve even squashed a bug or two with it, those that I am too

afraid to get close to! There are a few problems with the design of the Gopher though.

The rubber suction cups are not very reliable. They tend to fall off and I have had to glue mine into place. It is very limited as far as weight.

There have been several times when I thought it should certainly be able to lift and item, and it turned out that the item was too heavy. The Gopher is only useful for lightweight objects. I think they should improve the design a bit, but otherwise it is a great product and really saved me a lot of ...

• Ontel Deluxe Gopher Pick Up and Reaching Tool
      pain.

The break my back got from weeks of hardly ever having to bend over was what got me back on my feet sooner. Once my back was better, I lent it to a friend who was having a back problem and she threatened to keep it and not give it back. I did get it back and bought her one for Christmas.

I though it would be a good option for my elderly mother, but her eyesight is poor and unfortunately she is not really able to see things on the floor from a distance. (She tried to “Gopher” the cat,

thinking he was a pair of slacks that fell on the floor) Needless to say, I do not recommend this product for lifting cats. It is however, a very helpful aid for lifting other lightweight objects or retrieving them from heights.

I would recommend it for a great many people– back patients, the elderly, those with painful conditions like arthritis and fibromyalgia. (which I also have, and it has come in handy for that!) Post surgical patients would probably appreciate it too. Basically it’s just a good thing to have around the house, because you’d be amazed at how many times you have something for it to do!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 348121350930931/k2311a128/12.8.10