Shake Weight Dumbbell by Fitness IQ  » Health  »
0.5
  • I thought perhaps it was motorized or something, the way you see it moving in the commercials
  • I found using the stretchy cords was more effective and was building up my stamina so much that this silly looking shaker thing was becoming more and more a waste of time
  • I would only recommend this to people who really have no fitness level at all

• by reviewabit

I saw this on TV, and after being reassured by someone who had used it that it would not cause me to injure any muscles, I ordered one. I have flabby arms from weight loss and thought maybe this could tone them, since my usual exercises didn’t seem to be doing anything. I had heard a few reports of it causing injury, especially to the shoulder, so I was concerned about using it. I have fibromyalgia and my shoulders are one spot where it tends to hit the hardest.

Over time, I have developed enough fitness in them to tolerate regular exercise, so long as it is not terribly strenuous. I really expected this product to be difficult for me to use, as most exercise equipment is for me,

at least at first. When I first picked up the Shake Weight, it was much lighter than I expected it to be.

I thought perhaps it was motorized or something, the way you see it moving in the commercials. It is not. You do have to move it yourself to make it shake.

I did not actually find this product difficult to use at all. Under most circumstances, that would be a good thing, but when it is an exercise, you do want at least a little resistance. The feeling takes a little getting used to.

The constant shaking feeling is annoying and tends to put my nerves on edge. The dumbbell also makes an annoying noise that you cannot ignore. It might actually make a ...

• better percussion instrument than an exerciser.

The video that came with the product is easy to follow, but there were a few moves that I could not do, so I had to skip them. They started to make my arms and neck hurt, and I can’t ignore a red flag like that. The last time I did, I ended up in physical therapy for three months.

I used the weight as directed for several weeks. It was easy, so there was no reason not to give it a fair chance. After those few weeks, I saw no difference and felt no difference.

I gave up. It was actually not productive time at all, because I could be doing other exercises in that time that might work better. I

found using the stretchy cords was more effective and was building up my stamina so much that this silly looking shaker thing was becoming more and more a waste of time.

I gave it away to someone else so they can look silly and waste time. I would only recommend this to people who really have no fitness level at all. There is just not enough “oomph” in this idea to work.

I had absolutely no results. I suppose if you were really unable to do anything else, it might be of benefit– but I am a fibromyalgia patient of over twenty years, and even I found it too easy! If it’s not enough resistance for me, I can’t imagine how a healthy, fit person would get any benefit out of it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 348121350830931/k2311a128/12.8.10