Estee Lauder Lash Primer Plus Full Treatment Formula  » Cosmetics  »
  • I like to maximize my eye makeup more than any part of my face – this entails a lot of eye shadows and basically colorful pigments
  • A good thing the estee lauder mascara I bought also introduced me to this lash primer
  • I noticed the mascara builds more instantly than applying without primer
  • It may be convenient to some, but it leads to flaws if you don’t have a good instinct for knowing when to stop flicking the wand
  • I love using this primer since it already preps the lashes prior to mascara

• by jhunie

I never really grasped the purpose of putting lash primer prior to mascara until I started using this product. I already have long limp lashes that need vigorous curling, so I shrug away from the idea of putting extra flourishes besides the usual coats of mascara, lest my lashes would appear overdone in the end. I like to maximize my eye makeup more than any part of my face – this entails a lot of eye shadows and basically colorful pigments. I only need my lashes to fan out and stay that way for as long as I please by applying mascara, just to add one final touch of definition to the eyes. Any more coats of mascara could trash the beauty of my eye makeup or make my eyes look ominous. A good thing the estee lauder mascara I bought also introduced me to this lash primer. The primer is supposed to complement estee lauder’s mascara. At the first trial, I was having trouble applying the mascara because the product’s promise of instant voluptuous lashes was nowhere to be seen. Out of frustration, I somehow suppressed an inkling welling in my head that the mascara was a colossal fail by thinking this primer could offer me some help. And indeed, they really worked better as a lash combo.

One might wonder what a primer really

looks like, this particular primer is actually milky white and its consistency is similar to creamy lotions. It spreads thinly over the lashes, but you can recognize some white droplet particles remain, as though there are dusts stuck on your lashes. It’s only noticeable up close. But at a considerable distance, the primer doesn’t create any transparent effect to the lashes at all. My lashes look bare, as if nothing happened. In a way, I like that it’s subtle and doesn’t aggravate the effect of my deathly black mascara. I noticed the mascara builds more instantly than applying without primer. It may be convenient to some, but it leads to flaws if you don’t have a good instinct for knowing when to stop flicking the wand. Oftentimes, it will only require a coat of mascara to give my lashes a sharp, yet natural look, or I see one eye seems darker than the other. The fact is: the primer really amplifies the effect of the mascara.

I love how the tips of my lashes look sharper, which visually impacts the fullness of my lashes.

The best attribute of this primer is its ability to fortify the wear of my mascara. I have often asked how come the estee lauder waterproof mascara never smudges. I have other expensive brands of mascaras that poorly withstand my oily ...

• eye lids and smears off when wet. I think it’s one of the merits of using a primer, apart from the great quality of the mascara itself. I could literally wear mascara the entire day without it rubbing off my eyes. Another good thing I observe after applying the primer is that I feel my lashes are softer. I guess it smoothes the texture of the lashes and they feel well conditioned preceding the application of mascara. There has been no sensible way I could find out if the primer helps to curl my lashes. Of course, my eyelash curler should take care of that, but it’s rather too much advertising how estee lauder described the positive results to be expected out of this primer. This primer isn’t capable of curling the lashes definitely, though it might, indirectly by improving the benefits of the mascara. I found dramatic lashes really are possible to achieve with the mascara and perhaps, due to the primer as well. I haven’t cheated on pairing this lash primer with a different brand of mascara, yet, but I hope it would produce the same fluffy result as evidenced here.

I follow the primer immediately with mascara. The instructions impose me to apply mascara right after dispensing the primer, and strangely, while it’s still wet. In my days of debating whether

it’s really necessary to use a primer or not, I thought priming my lashes would make the job more time-consuming. I had a good point there, though it’s certainly not the case in this product. It doesn’t clump badly like mascara, so all I need to do is merely apply the primer, then go about my usual mascara routine. Of course, curling before and after is a must.

I love using this primer since it already preps the lashes prior to mascara. Probably the thin consistency of the creamy primer actually puts its brush to functional use, which differs from its mascara counterpart, as I needed to reduce the thick ink that accumulates inside the mascara’s brush. The primer is not thin enough to run or glop whilst handling the wand, but the bristles, I can ultimately attest, do a better job of combing my lashes than its sister mascara. I can see the tip of the lash shaft already separating against each other. So it leaves little possibility for clumping, though it’s quite unavoidable in most instances. In totality, I’m very much convinced of what this lash primer does to my mascara. It may be a bit vague to some the point of using lash primers, especially at price point, which is 19 dollars. Still, I recommend this product. It gives my mascara a lot of mileage.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 318121350760931/k2311a128/12.8.10