Hertz car rental Maui Hawaii  » Car rental  »
0.5
Maui Hawaii
  • We waited in line for an hour and noticed a startling fact every other rental company had 5 shuttles arrive for every 1 of Hertz's
  • We gave up and walked over and called a cab it cost us 5 bucks and we arrived quickly

• by tyee semar
      Recently I got married and we took our honeymoon in Maui. Upon arrival in Hawaii we looked for the Hertz rental shuttle and were dissapointed to see a

line a mile long at the shuttle that would take us to the agency. We waited in line for an hour and noticed a startling fact every other rental company had 5 shuttles arrive for every 1 of Hertz’s. We gave up and walked over and called a cab it cost us 5 bucks and we ...

Canada says :

BEWARE……..I rented a vehicle from Advantage / Hertz in December. The computers were “down” when I returned the vehicle. I got a letter in the mail approximately 3 weeks after I returned the vehicle asking when I would be returning the vehicle. I also got overcharged on my credit card for this vehicle and have been emailing and talking to their representatives on a weekly basis (when they actually acknowledge my calls and emails). I am at the point that I am either going to have to have my credit card company reverse all of the charges (hopefully it’s not too late, maybe that’s why they’ve been stringing me along so that it would be too late to have the charges reversed) or I will file in small claims court and have to go back to Maui for the court case.

Has anyone heard of a class action case being registered against Hertz/Advantage? Based on my experience I would not be surprised if there was a potential for a class action type of case.

CONSUMER BEWARE this is either a very disorganized company or a very unethical company

Save yourself the hassle and rent a car from a company that is ethical

Violetta says :

This only speaks of taking the SHUTTLE service but you don’t talk at all about how the rest of the rental experience went. Was the car rental in good repair and fairly priced? Did you have to pay a deposit on the vehicle using cash or a credit card? Did you receive a discount for renting multiple days? How was their customer service? Did they apologize for having long lines and wait times?

Jennifer Davis says :

Hi Violetta, I have used hertz in Maui when my husband and I were on honeymoon. The car that we received was in excellent shape, and no, we did not have to leave a deposit since we paid with a credit card and rented the car through our hotel. The customer service that we received was excellent, and although we did experience long wait lines, the staff were apologetic and we moved through the lines quickly.

Taylor Terrill says :

If I could put no stars, I would. Worst car rental I’ve ever seen. Line out the doors, literally 300 people waiting. Employees were telling everyone “15-20 minutes”, but the only people getting their cars that fast were the “gold members”. The rest of us waited around 3 hours. When we finally got to the front the employees comments were “you guys want a beer?” were talking between eachother about how they need a blonde babe in a bikini. On top of that after the “15-20 minutes” we waited, we went to ask manager Rick Ranis where it was he said he didn’t know, that there were still people in line before us when we explained that they shouldn’t be telling everyone 15-20 minutes if it wasn’t true he said “well I don’t know.” Also the “manager trainee” there wasn’t any better (Rob McGrew) after another 30 minutes went to ask him how close we were in line he just walked off without speaking to us. Worst car rental I’ve ever been to.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3803135050331/k2311a038/3.8.07