Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette  » Cosmetics  »
  • I like the case because it's made with durable material and opens and closes with ease
  • One thing that I don't like about the case is it gathers hand prints and finger prints all over it
  • I think it would be nice if Coastal Scents could create a case that has the option of opening wide or halfway
  • I paid $24.95 for my Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette

• by tampabaybucsfan

The Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette is an excellent purchase for a first time make-up user or the aspiring make-up artist. I’ve been using my Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette over the last four months and its proven to be my go-to eyeshadow palette especially during the fall-winter season. The colors in this palette are multi-versatile. I’ve been able to create neutral everyday looks and smoky eye looks alike using just the 88 colors provided in the palette.

I’m going to talk about the pros and cons this palette has to offer beginning with the case. I like the case because it’s made with durable material and opens and closes with ease. It comes with a clasp that snaps back on if it happens

to pop off. The top of the case is black with the Coastal Scents logo and the product name written in silver. One thing that I don’t like about the case is it gathers hand prints and finger prints all over it. They can easily be wiped off with a wet cloth but as soon as you touch the case again your finger prints will be right back on it.I’m not sure why this is.

The palette has a small mirror inside that I find pretty much useless because when you open the palette, the top doesn’t stand up. It opens like a book. Both the top and bottom halves of the palette rest on whatever surface you have it placed on unless you ...

• prop the top yourself. This doesn’t affect me because I tend to use my vanity mirror when applying my make-up anyway. I think it would be nice if Coastal Scents could create a case that has the option of opening wide or halfway.

The majority of the eyeshadow pots in the palette are highly-pigmented and the wear lasts for hours and hours. Some colors are more matte while some have more shimmer. I don’t use the white, taupe, and nude shades in my palette very much because I find them to be really chalky and hardly pigmented at all. I like to use the silvers, browns, golds, tans, blacks and grays in the palette. The colors in the palette can be applied wet or

dry. If I’m using an eyeshadow as an eyeliner I like to apply it wet.

The pots themselves are the perfect size. You can get multiple uses out of each pot with ample time before you hit the pan. I’ve dropped my palette quite a few times and not once have any of my eyeshadow pots broken. I had a pot pop out once and I simply glued it back in place.

Overall I feel that this palette was an excellent purchase. It was very budget-friendly. I paid $24.95 for my Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette. I give this palette a 9 out of 10 because I feel that the company could improve on the formulation of the white, taupe, and nude shades.

Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 318121350480931/k2311a128/12.8.10