Eluma E-Cigarette  » Other  »
1.5
  • While purchasing the product turned out to be one of my best decisions yet, I was not really impressed with the company itself
  • Upon receiving my E-Cig, I quickly noticed that it was quite heavy and large
  • Eventually I found that it completely replaced regular cigarettes, and that my health is going into recovery mode
  • I love being able to use it in airports, restaurants, even hospitals
  • If you're looking for an E-Cigarette, I highly recommend it, but don't buy it from Eluma

• by Ricardo L

For the last 15 years, I have been the victim of addiction to cigarettes. I knew they were bad for me, but I had tried everything I could find to quit and nothing ever worked. One day, however, I came across the Eluma E-Cigarette. It advertised that it delivered nicotine just like a cigarette, except the smoke is just water vapor. It was only $30 for an E-Cigarette, a pack of 5 cartridges, and a charger. I figured for half the price of a carton of cigarettes, I had give it a shot. While purchasing the product turned out to be one of my best decisions yet, I was not really impressed with the company itself.

Upon receiving my E-Cig, I quickly noticed that it was quite heavy and large. It was at least a couple ounces and double the size of a normal cigarette. I didn’t mind the size too much (it’s like a Bic pen), but it was very heavy to have hanging out of my mouth. If they could figure out a way to make it lighter it would be a lot less annoying.

The main point

of the E-Cig is its ability to replace a cigarette without any carcinogens. It truly works. Eventually I found that it completely replaced regular cigarettes, and that my health is going into “recovery mode”. It isn’t cold turkey or even a different delivery method; it’s just a different carrier of the same thing. I love being able to use it in airports, restaurants, even hospitals. It’s fully legal.

The website advertised that the cartridges, which were only a buck a piece including shipping, were the equivalent of one 20-pack of cigarettes. That was one of the bigger selling points with me since most nicotine alternatives are most expensive than cigarettes. However, I didn’t find it to last the whole pack. I’d say it’s anywhere from 8 to 12 cigarettes, depending on how I use it. I cannot see 20 cigarettes out of it unless you’re a real shallow breather. It’s still really inexpensive though; at 8 cigarettes-equivalent it is $2.50 per pack. That’s really good. The found a couple problems with the cartridges themselves. Number one, I don’t like the push-on method of installing it to the battery. The foil ...

• often gets in the way, preventing it from working. I can fix it in ten seconds, it’s just annoying. Number two, condensation quickly builds up in the through-way, making every 10th or so draw a bit wet. I can easily say it does not taste good at all in its liquid form.

I was impressed by their good selection of flavors, which were Traditional Tobacco, Mocha, Chocolate, Menthol, Vanilla, and Cherry. I got the variety pack. The traditional tobacco taste didn’t have the taste of traditional tobacco at all. I don’t know what tobacco tastes like this. It tastes like a combination of burnt plastic and fruit salad. It’s an interesting combination that should not have made it to the final product. The vanilla was decent, as was the mocha. The cherry wasn’t amazing, but it was still good.

The primary issue with Eluma arose when the battery suddenly decided to stop charging. I called up Eluma’s support, and I told the person of the issue. She gave me a series of possible solutions, none of which worked. I was then referred to their email-based service, which is apparently

the better of the two. After dealing with them for a week, I was told to send the E-Cig and all unused cartridges back and they would review a warantee claim. After two weeks I heard nothing. Finally I made contact with them again over the phone. Apparently it was out of warantee because I stored it wrong (the tip facing down, allowing water from the cartridge to get into the battery). I said okay and that I’d buy another battery. I put that order in. I never received the battery or the cartridges. After more calls and getting nowhere, I gave up for the $40 loss.

Overall, it is an awesome product, but Eluma’s customer service has no idea what they’re doing. They go in circles until I’m out $40 with nothing but a receipt and a USB charger to show for my original purchase. I would have gone back to Eluma, but the service really disappointed me. There are a lot more E-Cig companies out there and Eluma has no room for their nonsense. If you’re looking for an E-Cigarette, I highly recommend it, but don’t buy it from Eluma.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 128121350350831/k2311a128/12.8.10