Motorola RAZR (cell phone)
  • Another major issue is that people are constantly telling me they've texted me (an irritating 21st century bastardization of communication that I have yet to embrace, even though, I know, the whole civilized world is on board with it), and I apparently never receive the texts or any alternative form of notification
  • I guess I would still recommend this phone, purely because it does work OK for the most part, and has endless ridiculous frill features like personalized ringtones, etc. for those who want that kind of thing
  • So if you're in the market for a used cell phone, at the very least I'd say CONSIDER the Motorola RAZR

• by Nick Addison

Reviews of cell phones are tricky because as we all know, technology has long since outpaced the rate at which the average person feels the need to get a new phone-you’ll buy a good one today, and tomorrow they’ll come out with something a trillion times better in every way for nearly the same price, but what are you gonna do?

That being said, having had the Motorola RAZR with AT&T service for about four years or so, I’ve found that in general it still performs well-although recently it seems to have

trouble holding a charge, and although the reception is usually much better than that on my friends’ phones (my room is in a basement, and although I have no trouble at all taking calls inside, they have often had to step out to do so), it does drop calls occasionally.

I may just be a dunce when it comes to the media technology included in the phone, or maybe I just don’t have the right plan-because for the life of me I cannot seem to upload or e-mail any of the pictures ...

• I’ve taken with it to my computer. Another major issue is that people are constantly telling me they’ve texted me (an irritating 21st century bastardization of communication that I have yet to embrace, even though, I know, the whole civilized world is on board with it), and I apparently never receive the texts or any alternative form of notification. This can be tricky when important information is involved.

personalized ringtones, etc. for those who want that kind of thing. But to be honest, I find the vast majority of these extras superfluous. The phone also isn’t the most durable in the world-it’s pretty easy to chip the paint on it when you accidentally drop it-which you will. And as I said, lately mine hasn’t held a charge well at all, even when I haven’t been using it to make calls or anything. So if you’re in the market for a used cell phone, at the very least I’d say CONSIDER the Motorola RAZR.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 378121350260831/k2311a128/12.8.10