Samsung Rant
1.0
  • I bought my Samsung Rant two years ago because I was highly impressed with the looks and features of this phone
  • After buying this phone, however, I was highly disappointed because I realized some of the features just weren't as great as I thought they would be and also some things were quite annoying
  • I used the internet on this phone for exactly one month after I bought it and then realized that it just wasn't worth paying for with this phone
  • I do not know what is causing this problem, but this has been really aggravating me for about quite some time now
  • I would not recommend this phone to anyone

• by sdm6572

I bought my Samsung Rant two years ago because I was highly impressed with the looks and features of this phone. The only other cellphone I had ever owned was a flip Sprint Sanyo phone that didn’t really have too many features on it at all so I only used it as a phone. When I saw the Samsung Rant, I was really anxious and just couldn’t wait to get my hands on this phone. I was very attracted to the nice red color that the phone comes in and also its Querty keyboard which is great for texting. The Samsung Rant also had internet, GPS, texting, a camera, a calendar, alarms, email, ringtones, and numerous other features that I had never had access to before with my previous phone. After buying this phone, however, I was highly disappointed because I realized some of the features just weren’t as

great as I thought they would be and also some things were quite annoying.

I used the internet on this phone for exactly one month after I bought it and then realized that it just wasn’t worth paying for with this phone. Browsing the internet was horrible! Not only was it as slow as could be and froze up a lot, but also web pages just didn’t appear correctly at all, and it would not let me scroll through them properly. It was just too aggravating to deal with. I was never able to get the GPS or free texting either so the Querty keyboard has been pretty much useless to me too.

All of the ringtones on this phone are also awful! I’ve been stuck with them though because Sprint won’t let you use any of your own MP3’s as ringtones. The only other ringtones you can get are the ...

• ones that Sprint lets you download to the phone which, of course, you have to pay for. You cannot customize ringtones, screensavers, or anything on this phone. You have to buy them directly from Sprint.

The battery life with this phone really sucks! Even if I charge my phone up all night and get on it for one hour it starts going low again. I don’t even use this phone for the internet, and I’m having to charge this phone up everyday several times a day! Among other things that are disappointing is the camera. Their is no flash and it also won’t let you zoom in close enough. I tried taking pictures with this phone at a concert, and I just couldn’t zoom in close enough so the pictures came out horrible.

My Samsung Rant has also gone crazy! There are three alarm setting on this phone.

It doesn’t matter whether all three are turned off or what times they are set to. The alarm goes off whenever it wants to. It just goes off at the most inconvenient times too. It’s really annoying when I’m talking to someone and get disconnected because the alarm decides to go off even though it’s not set to go off at that time. When I’m sleeping, I have to turn the volume off or either put the phone in a different room because it sometimes goes off several times in the mornings waking me up. I do not know what is causing this problem, but this has been really aggravating me for about quite some time now.

It’s about time for me to get a new phone now, and I can’t wait to get rid of this one. This is a terrible phone. I would not recommend this phone to anyone. It looks good, but it just has too many problems.

Samsung Rant

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 378121350250431/k2311a128/12.8.10