Frigidaire window mounted heavy duty Air conditioner  » Housewares  »
2.5
  • The thing about this air conditioner that I bought was that it really wasn’t all the greatest to me
  • I didn’t expect anything less and plus our den area wasn’t big at all so there shouldn’t have been a problem when it came to making the room cool

• by sacback

Frigidaire has always been the company that makes things happen when it comes to home appliances. I have never had a problem with them. I have always bought from them and always will. The thing about this air conditioner that I bought was that it really wasn’t all the greatest to me. There were so many things about it that kept me from wanting to keep it around. The reason why we bought it in the first place was because the central air wasn’t getting into our den. No matter how hard we tried to make it happen, the den would stay very hot. So we figured that we would work to make it better. The only real way we were going to get air flowing through this area of the house was

by putting an air conditioner in the window. Now I was against it because I hate those window air conditioners. They don’t look good and they make the window area look even more tacky. But my wife kept complaining and so I had to follow through with our decision. One of the thing that I hated about this air conditioner was that it was extremely heavy. When they say heavy duty that is exactly what they meant. I had so much trouble getting it in my home. And I had even more trouble getting it in the window. I had to get someone to come out and install it for me.

I had to pay $70 for someone to come out and make this happen for us. On the base line, we paid ...

• almost $800 for this thing and so I was hoping that it worked as well as people said that it did. I didn’t expect anything less and plus our den area wasn’t big at all so there shouldn’t have been a problem when it came to making the room cool. When we finally got everything hooked up, we were able to begin feeling the air cool down the room in a matter of a few hours. I mean when it gets cold, it gets cold. We were able to adjust the temperature thank goodness because it was getting so cold that we couldn’t stay in the room. It blows very quietly and that was something that I most liked about it. My most concern was that it as going to be extremely loud
        we barely heard it when it was on.

The only downside to having this air conditioner is that it made our electric bill really high. And considering the fact that we already had central air, this didn’t do anything but make us mad. We stopped using it as much as we used to because of that. AS far as functionality is concerned, it works well and it will get your room as cool as you want it to. It comes with a fan feature that will only run a fan if you want it to. Bottom line is that when it all boiled down to it, it worked like a charm. It did what it was suppose to but we took it back due to the high energy level and effect it had on our energy bill.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 538121350220131/k2311a128/12.8.10