Philosophy Silent Night Soothing Lavender Shampoo & Shower Gel  » Cosmetics  »
  • I think it's a little strange that Philosophy is selling this as a holiday scent, though, since lavender is not a scent that people associate with the holidays
  • After all, lavender is known to be a universally loved scent, as far as I know
  • The fruity or candy scent is very mild, so I don't think this will smell artificial or offensive in any way

• by Lisa Pellegrini

This is another one of Philosophy’s holiday scents, but unlike some of the other ones, you can find this one in the stores. Sephora and Nordstrom both sell it, and you can also get it on the Philosophy website. I think it’s a little strange that Philosophy is selling this as a holiday scent, though, since lavender is not a scent that people associate with the holidays. The shower gel itself is a lavender shade, and the color lavender is not associated with the holidays either.

So I think they should sell this scent all year long, instead of just making it a limited-edition product that is only sold during the holidays. That way they would sell

more of it, and then they would make more money on it. After all, lavender is known to be a universally loved scent, as far as I know. If Philosophy did that, then they could just call it Lavender or Soothing Lavender. I mean, what does lavender have to do with the song “Silent Night”?

This is a pleasant scent, but it is very faint, and I don’t exactly smell lavender. Well, maybe there is a touch of lavender in it, but I smell something mildly sweet (possibly fruity) in this shower gel. In the list of ingredients, it does say that it contains grape seed extract, so maybe I am smelling the grapes. So if you ...

• are a person who doesn’t like extremely sweet scents, then I think you will like this Silent Night shower gel. The fruity or candy scent is very mild, so I don’t think this will smell artificial or offensive in any way. It really does have a soothing aroma, like the name says, and I know I will enjoy using it as a liquid hand soap as well as a shower gel.

For those ladies out there who are Philosophy lovers and collectors of the scented shower gels, I think you should consider adding this to your collection. There is something calming about it, but at the same time, I almost want to eat it up because of

the sweetness in it! But for those of you who like stronger scents, you may not like this one as much as some of the other scents. I would suggest that you get a whiff of it in Sephora or Nordstrom, and see whether you like it. It is $16 for a 16 ounce bottle, and if you use a modest amount for every washing, then it should last you for months. I also suggest that you put it on your kitchen sink or bathroom sink, and use it as a liquid soap as well as shampoo and shower gel. The lavender color is soothing to the eyes, just like the aroma is soothing to the nostrils.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 318121349871231/k2311a128/12.8.10