Swiss Internet Swepstakes Scam  » Scam  »
0.5
  • Although I can't be 100% sure, I believe that they will skim your credit card and possibly empty your bank account

• by Ruriko
      I received an e-mail on my yahoo account a few days ago, and I would like to warn everyone of the scam it was that I received. In this e-mail, it claims that they are part

of a Swiss Corporation that ‘randomly’ picks an e-mail from the whole of the internet, and awards them, in sweepstakes fashion, 150 million Euros. In this, they say that your email addy has been chosen ...

• for the grand prize. It will then link you to a dodgy-looking site that asks for your bank details, as well as your credit card details (for ‘Identification Verification’. ) Although I can’t be 100% sure,
        I believe that they will skim your credit card and possibly empty your bank account. The e-mail looks relatively official, however, it is obvious it is not real as the story is too unbelieveable. Please be wary of this scam.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 60703134980531/k2311a037/3.7.07