Mrs.T’s Potato & 4 Cheese Bleng Pirogies  » Food  »

• by Lorianna
      I bought a pack of Mrs. T’s Potato & 4 Cheese Bleng Pirogies this week, for the first time.

“Pirogies” are neatly folded pasta shells filled with a mixture of potatoes and, in this case, four kinds of cheese: cheddar, parmesan, romano, and swiss.

It is a frozen

product that should be kept in the freezer.

One pack contains 10 pirogies, which, as we have found, is a filling meal for two adults.

When I looked for cooking directions, I was pleasantly surprised to see that there are five different ways you can cook this ...

• dish: pirogies can be boiled, sauted, baked, deep fried, or grilled.

I chose baking, perhaps the longest of the five.

It was still easy though.

I preheated the oven to 400 degrees, placed the frozen shells on a greased baking sheet, and baked them for 20 minutes.

They turned out nice, with the shells a bit tough and the filling soft and warm.

I made a special sauce to dip them in, a mix of ketchup and sour cream (my invention), and the pirogies tasted really good with it.

Perhaps next time I will try boiling them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27703134970531/k2311a037/3.7.07