Amy’s Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake
  • I bought the Amy’s Chocolate Gluten-Free Cake

• by stuckinarut

If you ever tried anything from Amy’s Kitchen brand you probably love them, or at least like them. They now make cakes. Add Amy’s knowledge of how to make yummy food with my favorite thing, dessert and it is dangerous.

Anyway it took forever to find anyone who sold their cakes. But I finally found some at a Whole Foods that had them. Whole Foods is not at all close to me, but thankfully I was in the area one day. I bought the Amy’s Chocolate Gluten-Free Cake. The cake was expensive, about $6.

It says it serves 6 so about a dollar a serving.

The ingredients are all natural and it is made with rice and bean flours instead of wheat, which makes it gluten-free. Don’t be afraid of the fact that it is gluten–free or made with beans and rice. You cannot taste the beans or rice for that matter. I barely noticed it was gluten-free.

Amy’s Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake is very good and super moist. I was really surprised at just how moist the cake was. It is really moist, not the least bit dry. It ...

• is very chocolaty and sweet but not overly sweet. It has a wonderful mouth feel. It is really, really good!

I do not follow a gluten-free diet but I do occasionally like to buy gluten-free. I promise you you do not need to follow a gluten-free diet to enjoy this cake. The moistness and the sweet chocolaty flavor will win over anyone.

Amy’s Cake comes frozen in a loaf form that all it has to do is defrost it and eat. It slices very easily too. Calories are not too bad at 180

and fat at 7 grams. The serving size didn’t vibe with me too well because I kept eating way more than one serving. I tried to keep at one but I kept going back for just one more.

These are the ingredients: Organic evaporated cane juice, organic soy milk, filtered water, organic high oleic safflower and/sunflower oil, organic whole grain brown rice flour, organic unsweetened cocoa powder, tapioca starch, garbanzo bean flour, potato starch, organic apple cider vinegar, whole grain sweet sorghum flour, fava bean flour, organic vanilla extract, baking soda, sea salt, xanthan gum.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 276121349680831/k2311a126/12.6.10