Very Irresistible Givenchy L’Intense perfume  » Perfume  »
  • There is something very dark about this latest edition to the collection, as it has a much darker, headier side than the previous fragrances in the range and I think this could be the best one so far
  • On first spritzing this onto my skin I was taken in immediately by the seductive fragrance - this is definitely designed for one thing and one thing only and isn't aimed at the wall flowers out there

• by Ticktock

As it was my birthday recently, I was hoping I’d receive a few bottles of perfume that I’d been hankering after for a while. One of them was this - Very Irresistible Givenchy L’Intense - so imagine how excited I was when I unwrapped it!

The reason I was so excited to receive this was because I’ve been a big fan of Givenchy’s Very Irresistible collection since the original was launched way back in 2003, and the second I tested this newest edition on my skin recently I knew it could possibly become my signature scent.

L’Intense comes housed in a tall, sleek looking glass bottle that is an alluring two tone in colour. The bottom half is a light purple and has an

almost innocent look to it but starts morphing into a darker, sexier deep purple as it reaches the nozzle.

There is something very dark about this latest edition to the collection, as it has a much darker, headier side than the previous fragrances in the range and I think this could be the best one so far.

This beautiful perfume is made up of the following notes:

Top notes~ Purple Plum

Heart notes~ Turkish Rose

Base notes~ White Musk Patchouli

So what’s so fantastic about it?

On first spritzing this onto my skin I was taken in immediately by the seductive fragrance - this is definitely designed for one thing and one thing only and isn’t aimed at the wall flowers out there.

The purple plum is the ...

• first note that I am aware of and it gives the perfume a fruity blast which is the start of the provocative aroma as it seems to shape the whole thing.

The heart notes of turkish rose give it a romantic edge that combined with the plum is just breathtaking when worn. When the fragrance has had chance to settle the white musk makes an obvious appearance and for me is the most domineering of the notes used. I remember wearing white musk as a teenager and found it to suffice for my younger years, but is a little too sweet on it’s own now I’m in my thirties. Mixed in with the other notes in this perfume it brings a whole new meaning

to just white musk as it smells far more headier and is much darker and heavier.

Would I recommend this?

I absolutely adore this and wouldn’t hesitate in recommending it to any lady who loves to smell seductive. It is very overpowering when first applied to the skin so a little really does go a long way.I would say this is best suited for ladies aged twenty to forty but that is personal opinion, however I can’t see it being the type that teenagers would opt to wear. It is far too heavy to wear during the day, and even on an evening it is best only worn for special romantic occasions. That aside it is a beautiful fragrance that I am proud to own and will wear a lot in the foreseeable future without doubt.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 566121349660831/k2311a126/12.6.10