Ginvera, Green Tea Whitening Marvel Gel - All Skin Types  » Cosmetics  »
  • But, for some reason I was not really impressed by it and I dismissed it thinking that since she had used it on my hand and since my hands were not freshly washed and had been out all day it might just have cleared the dirt and not the dead skin as such
  • Ever since my pregnancy and childbirth I have been battling with uneven skin tone, acne breakouts and dark patches on my face and a lot of products that I found suitable before my pregnancy do not seem to work on me anymore
  • As for the price it cost me S$13.00 at the drugstore and the gel comes in a green squeeze tube
  • I noticed large lumpy pimples on my chin and jaw line

• by true_value

The type of exfoliant that looks like a gel and starts to curdle and separate when applied on the skin is meant to be rubbed till it exfoliates and lifts off dead skin along with it. This product has been in the market for a very long time. I am not sure if what brand of skincare company first introduced it but the one that I first saw was the one from Ginvera it was their original white gel.

The product was so heavily promoted that whenever I happened to pass by a Ginvera product aisle there will always be a lady who would materialize without fail grab my hand and demonstrate the product by applying the gel on the back of my hand and ask me to rub it off. When I did that the curdled gel would turn dirty and the

lady would excitedly tell me how effective the product is.

But, for some reason I was not really impressed by it and I dismissed it thinking that since she had used it on my hand and since my hands were not freshly washed and had been out all day it might just have cleared the dirt and not the dead skin as such. Moreover I was never a fan of the Ginvera Brand.

Although the brand boasts to use natural ingredients in their products and the claims are always exaggerated none of their products have ever worked for me.

This time however I was tempted to get the Ginvera Green Tea Whitening Marvel Gel because of the really bad state my skin has been recently. Ever since my pregnancy and childbirth I have been battling with uneven skin tone, acne breakouts and dark patches on my face and a lot of products that I found suitable before my pregnancy do not seem to work on me anymore. So that made me hope that probably this might work for me now.

The Green Tea version is the recent introduction that claims to exfoliate, whiten and leave the skin with zero blackheads in 1 step. Now, I never had any issued with blackheads although I do get white heads and I really wanted help with evening out my skin tone.

Like usual this product too seemed to have much exaggerated claims but this says that it has been clinically tested for efficiency. It claims to give 10 marvellous efficacies 1. Rub away deep layers of dead skin cells 2. Rub away blackheads painlessly 3. Contracts pore for refined skin 4. Lightens dark spots, freckles & scars 5. Removes oil seeds 6. Regulates ...

• Ginvera, Green Tea Whitening Marvel Gel - All Skin Types
      sebum secretion to prevent pimples 7. Brightens dull complexion 8. Changes dark, rough skin to smooth skin 9. Whitens skin as it gives way to a new born skin 10. Enhances quick absorption of skin care products.

Well, even if it did fulfil half of those claims I would call it a marvellous gel. As for the price it cost me S$13.00 at the drugstore and the gel comes in a green squeeze tube.

The product claims to be gentle enough for daily use and for use around the eyes. As per the directions I applied a little bit of the pale green gel with my finger tips on my face and neck and massaged for a minute or so. The gel has a thick consistency and felt quite sticky and heavy on my skin. The gel separated and rolled

over the skin when rubbing and after rinsing with water and following with a cleanser I couldn’t see or feel any difference to my skin in terms of improvement but I rather felt that my face felt greasier and kind of dull.

Since this is suitable for daily use I did try to use it for a week but then I had to stop using it because it really made my skin oilier and I saw that it was actually breaking out my skin. I noticed large lumpy pimples on my chin and jaw line.

Overall in spite of all the wonderful claims and raves, this product turned out to be another fail for me that did nothing but worsen my skin condition. Although the product claims to be suitable for all skin types this may not be suitable for sensitive and extremely oily skin like mine.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 316121349650831/k2311a126/12.6.10