Atkins Advantage Marshmallow Mudslide Bars 1.7Ounce  » Health  »
  • They are the perfect treat when you have a chocolate craving, because it definitely gives you over the top chocolate upon chocolate
  • I’ve noticed the taste of the Atkins bars seems to be getting better, with the newer flavors they offer being more palatable than the older ones
  • Although I don’t generally recommend following a strict Atkins diet, these products are still helpful and can be used safely by diabetics because of their reduced glycemic index values
  • The only potential problem is the temptation to eat too many of these, and not enough regular healthy foods
  • I think they were quite savvy with the packaging

• by reviewabit

I am diabetic, which means I cannot indulge as often as I would like in sweet treats and desserts. At least not the regular kind– but we diabetics do benefit from the low-carb diet craze, as the sweet products made for low carb dieters are much safer for us to eat too. One of my new favorite low carb products is this Atkins Advantage Mudslide bar.

With four grams of fiber, lots of protein, and only three little grams of carbohydrates, I can eat these any time I want, pretty much. I have used Atkins products in the past and my reviews of them are mixed.

Some were pretty good, some were downright awful… and all of them are expensive– but this one I feel is actually worth the extra money. As these bars are filling and can be

used as a meal replacement, they are great to keep on hand for when you don’t have time to eat, or don’t need to have a full meal.

These Mudslide bars are decadent. They have marshmallow, pecans and big chunks of chocolate, with a crispy cookie-like layer.

They seem bigger than other Atkins bars to me. They are not as dry as many of the bars, and don’t have that overwhelming “meal replacement” taste, which make some of these types of products overly dense and difficult to eat.

The primary flavor in these bars is chocolate. They are the perfect treat when you have a chocolate craving, because it definitely gives you over the top chocolate upon chocolate!

With the five grams of fiber, these bars also help control your appetite and add to ...

• your intestinal health.

If you’ve been eating lower carb (as many diabetics do now) these can be so heavenly after a long stretch of nothing sweet. I’ve noticed the taste of the Atkins bars seems to be getting better, with the newer flavors they offer being more palatable than the older ones.

Although I don’t generally recommend following a strict Atkins diet, these products are still helpful and can be used safely by diabetics because of their reduced glycemic index values. The only potential problem is the temptation to eat too many of these, and not enough regular healthy foods.

Although they would provide your with protein and fiber, they are not meant to be eaten all day long. Diabetics sometimes crave sweets more than the normal person, and the potential to abuse these is certainly there.

The price you pay for them can work as a deterrent, so this might be one unusual case where I am actually glad they cost more than I think I should be paying! I think they were quite savvy with the packaging. The picture on the front was what made me notice this flavor.

The bar is shown sliced open, where you can see those marshmallows (although to be honest, I didn’t taste them as much as it would look like I should) and a chocolate drizzle is shown as a backdrop, on the plate around the bar, as if it had been freshly made. There is just something about the drizzle that lured me in!

I would recommend these bars for anyone on a low carb diet, diabetics, or anyone who wanted a sweet treat without all the complications of sugar.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 346121349350831/k2311a126/12.6.10