American Health Chewable Original Papaya Enzyme 250 ct.  » Health  »
  • The brand she got was American Health so that’s the one I bought too
  • In fact, they cost much less than my antacids did, and seemed to work just as well
  • I’ve checked to make sure and I seem to have no problem with eating a few now and then
  • I like to take them if I know I will be having a large meal, as often they completely abort the heartburn process that I have come to expect from rich foods

• by reviewabit

I was introduced to papaya enzyme by a friend who had weaned herself off of all antacids after a daily battle with heartburn and indigestion lasting several years. I have chronic GERD and a hiatal hernia, so I am trapped into taking proton pump inhibitors daily. However, sometimes they don’t work 100% and I have what is known as “breakthrough” heartburn which could hit at random for no apparent reason, but is common after holidays where I’ve been eating too many rich foods. When I was complaining of heartburn and digging in my purse for a Tums, which I am allowed to take along with the PPIs as needed, my friend pulled out her papaya enzyme tablets and told me to “have some.

” I told her I took the proton pump drugs so I’d better not. She said it didn’t

matter. I told her if they didn’t work I would need to take a Tums as well.

Again, she said it did not matter, as the product was a natural food enzyme and would not interact with anything else I was taking. I could take all the medicines I wanted to treat it– but I could try these too, and have as many as desired. I saw her chewing the small tablets and asked why she didn’t just swallow them.

She laughed and told me they were chewable and actually tasted pretty good. I couldn’t resist that offer so I ate about four of them. To my surprise, within thirty minutes or so, I felt better and did not need my Tums.

I immediately asked to see the bottle so I could go buy some ...

• of my own! I hate taking medicines and would much rather use a natural remedy. Besides, they did taste pretty good– kind of tropical, like they should, I suppose– since they come from papaya. The brand she got was American Health so that’s the one I bought too.

I wasn’t going to take any chances with another brand since I knew these worked. I was surprised to find that they were not expensive at all. In fact, they cost much less than my antacids did, and seemed to work just as well.

I have kept them in my purse ever since. Whenever someone has a tummy ache, I offer them one– with the same promise my friend gave me. If they don’t work just take something else, because they will not interact with anything.

They are harmless… and

they work. I have to admit sometimes I look for excuses to eat them because I just like them. I am diabetic, but they have not had any mentionable effect on my blood sugar.

I’ve checked to make sure and I seem to have no problem with eating a few now and then. I like to take them if I know I will be having a large meal, as often they completely abort the heartburn process that I have come to expect from rich foods. I also take them at night if I have been having slight symptoms of GERD, and I have found that this prevents esophagus irritation that I get from my hernia.

I recommend these to everybody. We all need a little help now and then, and here is a natural, safe way to get it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 346121349330831/k2311a126/12.6.10