The San Francisco Music Box Company  » Business  »
2.0
Pier 39 E102, San Francisco, CA 94133
  • In my opinion, they ruin the craftsmanship of the items inside the globe
  • All facts considered, I do not recommend people spending their hard earned money on products from The San Francisco Music Box Company

• by Amor Fati

As a young child, my mother bought me musical horse statues and snow globes from The San Francisco Music Box Company for several Christmases in a row. She adored the tunes they played and the intricate detail. I, being a child who had a greater appreciation for toys, did not share her views. Now that I recognize half the tunes and better understand the skill required to create the artwork, I have a greater admiration for the company and all its products.

My first gift was a white horse within a

snow globe. The horse had very little detail and the snow globe was also plain. My second gift was not much better. Only the horse was not encased in a snow globe. In later years, my mother bought me horses with more detail. I remember a rocking horse dressed in purple and pink wrappings and other horse adornments popular in medieval days. This is probably my favorite.

Other statues and snow globes which the company produces include carved pumpkins with ghosts and black cats, Easter bunnies hiding painted eggs, and winter ...

• scenes in villages. My mother has a snow globe of a train station during winter which plays the tune “Winter Wonderland.” Other tunes I recognize include “Silent Night,” “The Little Horses,” “Swan Lake,” and “Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy.”

While I cannot deny the musical statues and snow globes are beautifully created, I cannot say I would pay anywhere from 20 to 100 dollars for these products. They sit around a house and gather dust. My mother likes to twist the knobs or push the buttons to play the music

occasionally, an act I find distracting. If I wish to listen to music, I buy a song on iTunes. I also never understood the purpose of the “snow” in the snow globes. In my opinion, they ruin the craftsmanship of the items inside the globe.

All facts considered, I do not recommend people spending their hard earned money on products from The San Francisco Music Box Company. Again, some of the craftsmanship is top quality. However, the tunes are old fashioned and the products uselessly sit around the home gathering dust.

janet dickert says :

re : All facts considered, I do not recommend people spending their hard earned money on products from The San Francisco Music Box Company
    received a Nativity water globe for Christmas. When taking it out of box I barely tapped it against the box when removing it and the globe broke into pieces. It is the thinnest glass on a water globe I have ever seen. I have a collection of water globes (at least 26) and they all have thick glass on the globes. I have never seen such thin glass period.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 416121349120731/k2311a126/12.6.10