Chloraseptic grape sore throat relief strips medicine  » Medicine  »
2.5
  • I think because my sore throat was so severe that I just had to wait until my body could fight it off naturally because the strips helped a little, but it didn’t entirely relieve me of the pain in my throat—it did give me a little relief, but not much
  • Overall, I purchased the Chloraseptic grape sore throat relief strips in hopes to relieve the sore throats that I get during the fall and winter seasons, however, I was disappointed that it only gave me some relief and not completely ease the pain of my sore throat

• by C.Channing

Fall and winter are the two worst seasons for me because my allergies are in overdrive especially with the fluctuation in temperatures. Whenever my allergies begin to take over my life, I usually turn to liquid over-the-counter medicine that clears up my colds within a few days; however, I wanted to give Chloraseptic strips a try because whenever I have a runny nose, a sore throat usually is not far behind and I wanted to give this new medicine a try.

I purchased the Chloraseptic grape sore throat relief strips from Wal-mart because that’s usually my store to go to for affordable

over-the-counter medication. The strips came in a package of two which resembled the Listerine fresh breath strips: they were thin square shapes with the same pastry thin sheets to go in your mouth.

At the time I used them, I was not sure that I got the right strips because it had kids written on the top of the package; however, the directions said it could be used for both children and adults. I followed the directions by placing one of the two strips on the back of my tongue, and there was nothing grape tasting about it. I waited until ...

• it dissolved and then added the second strip as I did before. I waited for it to relieve my sore throat completely, but it didn’t work the way I was hoping it would. I think because my sore throat was so severe that I just had to wait until my body could fight it off naturally because the strips helped a little, but it didn’t entirely relieve me of the pain in my throat—it did give me a little relief, but not much.

get during the fall and winter seasons, however, I was disappointed that it only gave me some relief and not completely ease the pain of my sore throat. The strips were easy to take because they immediately dissolved once the saliva touched it. Even though the package says it tastes like grape, it doesn’t and I really wish that companies that manufacture over-the-counter medicine stop using grape as one of their “flavors” because they can’t properly recreate the grape flavor. The medicine wasn’t a complete waste of money, but I don’t think I will purchase it again for only the little relief it gives.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 266121349080731/k2311a126/12.6.10