Original Peppermint Bark Candy from Hallmark Confections  » Food  »
  • So, along with making her delicious holiday treats, my mother buys her closest loved ones a packet of Original Peppermint Bark whenever Christmas rolls around
  • Overall, I recommend Hallmark Confections’ Original Peppermint Bark to anyone who wants a sweet holiday treat and doesn’t mind the 200 calories

• by Amor Fati

Nothing says “the holidays” like family and friends gathered together, snacking on sweets. My mother created plates of fudge, Frango mints, caramel cookies, sprits, Russian teacakes and more in the past. Then she was introduced to Hallmark Confections and its Original Peppermint Bark. So, along with making her delicious holiday treats, my mother buys her closest loved ones a packet of Original Peppermint Bark whenever Christmas rolls around.

One package contains three squares of bark. One square

equals two servings. If people decide to try a piece, they would do best not to concern themselves with the nutrition facts. One serving contains 200 calories, 17 percent total fat, 50 percent saturated fat, and 8 percent total carbohydrates. The 2 percent calcium hardly vindicates the negative figures.

Not being overly concerned with health, I gladly eat my package of bark every season. One small bite overwhelms my mouth with mint flavoring. The candy cane bits ...

• embedded on top are fun to crunch, reminding me of sucking on candy canes in times past. Though half a square is a serving, I find one quarter to be more than sufficient for a sitting. Thankfully, the bark lasts for six or seven months after the initial purchase.

Along with a good book, the bark goes well at parties. The candy is decorative. Meaning hosts could crumble the squares and use the crumbles to frame main

dishes or homemade treat dishes. One package costs 9.95 dollars. Considering the extensive ingredients and taste in every bite, the price is somewhat reasonable.

On the downside, the product is produced on machines which handle peanuts, soybeans, tree nuts, eggs, milk, and wheat. So, people allergic to any of these foods should refrain from buying the sweet treat. Overall, I recommend Hallmark Confections’ Original Peppermint Bark to anyone who wants a sweet holiday treat and doesn’t mind the 200 calories.

Sherry says :

I live in Ithaca, NY and our local Hallmark store has not received their Peppermint Bark Candy. I was told that they probably will not be getting any this year. I look forward to this every year. Will Tracey`s Hallmark in Ithaca, NY be getting Christmas Bark in time for Christmas?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 276121349070731/k2311a126/12.6.10