Windex, Glass Cleaner  » Housewares  »
  • I like how the sun clearly shines through afterwards, and how the product truly cleans without leaving streaks, as the television advertisements inform viewers
  • I recommend Windex to everyone who cleans windows
  • A 26 ounce bottle can be found at any wholesale distribution store and doesn’t cost an arm and a leg either

• by Amor Fati

S.C. Johnson, the family company, created an exemplary product called Windex, a glass cleaner. According to the Greek father on “My Big, Fat, Greek Wedding,” Windex is the solution to every dirty surface and every bodily ache. I do not say so much. However, Windex is the solution to making windows and mirrors sparkle.

The glass cleaner is ammonia free and contains no phosphorus. So, people with sever allergies don’t need to worry about their sinuses plugging

up when using the product. Additionally, Windex has refreshing scents. The bottle I have beside me smells like Crystal Rain. Thankfully, the scents are mild, so those allergic to strong scents don’t have to worry either.

Environmentalists, who haven’t already heard the news, will be delighted to learn that S.C. Johnson now produces Windex using Greenlist Ingredients. So, homeowners and company janitors can keep windows and mirrors spot free without concerns about further polluting the air.

Personally, I ...

• use Windex to clean windows and nothing else. I like how the sun clearly shines through afterwards, and how the product truly cleans without leaving streaks, as the television advertisements inform viewers. The product can wipe dirt and grime away from other surfaces as well, including chrome, plastic, stainless steel, and ceramics. Normally I use dust cleaning products on chrome and ceramics, but I imagine Windex works just as superbly on these surfaces as it does
        on windows and mirrors.

I recommend Windex to everyone who cleans windows. Using this product makes the chore easy and leaves no unsightly marks. I imagine everyone gets tired of cleaning up after cleaning products, and Windex doesn’t necessitate this extra chore. A 26 ounce bottle can be found at any wholesale distribution store and doesn’t cost an arm and a leg either. Overall, Windex is a product almost as praiseworthy as the Greek father claims it to be.

Shena says :

I love how windex cleans, but my glass kitchen table also smells fishy after I have cleaned it with Windex. Wonder why?

Joanna says :

Hi Shena,

What you smell is actually the ammonia in the Windex. My suggestion would be to clean your glass with vinegar water or purchase Windex’s Ammonia Free Green Glass Cleaner. It works well, has a pleasant odor, and has no ammonia.

Personally, I still like the vinegar water solution because there are no chemicals, but the Green version is a good substitute.

Joanna

Galega says :

Gently rub the glass surface with lemon water once you are done with Windex. That will ensure that there is no more fishy smell. I think it must have happened for the first use. Afterwards, there should not be any smell.

Kerri says :

why does my kitchen glass table smell like rotten eggs or rotten fish after I have cleaned it with windex?

John says :

Kerri, that’s ammonia that you’re referring to that’s included in some Windex products. I would suggest getting an ammonia-free version if you want to avoid this smell.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 536121348460631/k2311a126/12.6.10