Beans & Cornbread Restaurant  » Restaurants  »
29508 Northwestern Highway Southfield, MI 48034-5703
  • In addition, to the restaurant, they also have a bar that it attached,which serves some of the best drinks

• by News2you

If you’re looking for great soul food, Stop, don’t pass go, and park your buns right into Beans and Cornbread Soul Food Restaurant in Southfield, Mich. My husband and another couple went to Michigan for a road trip and in planning, I happened to stumble across this restaurant.

Now, I’ve had great soul food before so I wasn’t expecting it to be too much different.

Boy was I wrong! In addition, to the restaurant, they also have a bar

that it attached,which serves some of the best drinks.

My friend and I sipped on grape cool aid and peach martinis.

To die for I tell ya.

The place is small, but not so small where you feel jammed.

Now to the good stuff.

I kid you not, all four of us dropped our jaws when the food arrived.

Never had I tasted soul food so good.

From their sweet potato muffins to the collard greens, this food was ...

• outstanding! I had the blackened catfish, collard greens, mac and cheese and sweet potatoes.

When I tell you I left not a morsel on my plate, I mean it.

It truly is hard to describe how great this food was, but if it helps, we went twice! Yes, we loved it some much that we went back for brunch on Sunday and we were blown away once again! The brunch featured mac and cheese, green beans, muffins, dessert, fried

chicken and fish, and much more.

We also had the pleasure of listening to live music as we ate! We knew the food was great because when we left, there was a line waiting to get in and not once did we hear a complaint about the wait! Oh, I also have to mention that the wait staff is the bomb! If you’re ever in the area, please, please, go check out Beans & Cornbread.

You will not regret it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 76121348360631/k2311a126/12.6.10