DSL verses dial up internet  » Internet  »
  • The other thing that I like about it is you can be on the internet and still receive calls by using a filter on the line for the phone to block out the signal for DSL
  • The modem for DSL was 49.99 and we have to agree to keep it a year or they charge a setup fee

• by sadonna
      DSL is the latest technology in internet service for the average house cat. I have had dial up internet service with a 56k modem for years now.

However when we got DSL at my last job I could not believe how much faster it was over the dial up service.

The other

thing that I like about it is you can be on the internet and still receive calls by using a filter on the line for the phone to block out the signal for DSL.

I think that is really cool.

My mom is always complaining when her friends can’t get through when ...

• they call because either my kids or me are on the internet.

With DSL it’s no problem.

Talk about being able to multitask, now that is the bomb.

We are currently paying 21.

99 for dial up service and the DSL is only 39.

99.

That’s a difference of about 18 but if I

had to install a second phone line so we could use the phone at the same time as the internet it would be more, not to mention slower.

The modem for DSL was 49.

99 and we have to agree to keep it a year or they charge a setup fee.

That’s not too bad though.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21703134830531/k2311a037/3.7.07