Dell Laptop, Windows XP
  • I like how the programs are easily found and accessed when I simply click the Start button on the bottom left corner
  • Other companies that produce computers create, what I consider, unnecessarily complicated setups
  • I recommend a Dell laptop, Windows XP to all students and adults in need of a personal computer

• by Amor Fati

My personal Dell laptop, designed for Windows XP, on which I’m currently typing, was ordered and manufactured in 2006. My brother was its first owner, and he made no complaints. When he and I transferred PCs in 2007, I took possession of this Dell and couldn’t have been happier. Every program, including Microsoft Word, Excel, iTunes, Paint, PowerDVD, Wordpad, and more, functioned well. The compactness of the laptop made moving

to a college campus and back home again for the summers much simpler, compared to the Dell desktop I used to own.

I like how the programs are easily found and accessed when I simply click the Start button on the bottom left corner. Other companies that produce computers create, what I consider, unnecessarily complicated setups. Program buttons show and disappear depending on where the computer mouse is on the screen. Dell’s setup is steady and easy. The most commonly used programs are located beside the Start button, within simple reach.

On the downside, most of the vents are located on the bottom of the computer. Meaning I cannot place the laptop on a bed or blanket without the computer overheating. This is a petty complaint, considering I have had very little trouble with the PC. Also, for every trouble which came ...

• Dell Laptop, Windows XP
      along, the computer fixed itself. However, I have overheated the computer enough times I fear I have shortened the appliance’s life.

At four and a half years old, my PC requires a new battery. My friend with exactly the same laptop also required a new battery after five years, but she didn’t take heed of the warning. As a result, she lost all her work; a devastating occurrence, seeing as she

is a writer. So, I plan to replace the battery as soon as possible, so my PC will function just as well as when I first gained ownership.

I recommend a Dell laptop, Windows XP to all students and adults in need of a personal computer. The laptop is portable, and the programs are highly functional. The setup is even comprehensible to the most technologically ignorant amongst society, such as me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 636121348110631/k2311a126/12.6.10