Kamik Men’s Fernie Waterproof Winter Boots
  • Just a short time ago when I was out shopping at a mall, I noticed that these winter boots are still selling for fifty dollars
  • They haven't come down in price at all since I bought a pair for myself
  • The zippers are the only thing about these boots that I dislike
  • I like though how these winter boots provide me with the traction and stability that I need when it gets icy out or there's snow to be walked through
  • I know that these winter boots will protect my feet from the wetness and coldness of winter and that the winter boots will protect the rest of my body too since there's a lot less of a chance of me slipping and falling to the ground with these winter boots on

• by CirclingCanvas

The Kamik Men’s Fernie Waterproof Winter Boots have been good to me. I’ve owned winter boots in the past, like the Itasca Men’s 13″ Benchwarmer Boots, that let me down surprisingly fast and left my feet cold and wet, but these have held up pretty well over the years. Just a short time ago when I was out shopping at a mall, I noticed that these winter boots are still selling for fifty dollars. They haven’t come down in price at all since I bought a pair for myself. I’m actually not surprised the price hasn’t been lowered on them since they are high quality winter boots. They’re made out of nylon and suede and are comfortable to wear for prolonged periods of time. They don’t weigh me down or feel bulky, which are two definite pluses.I very much wish though that these winter boots wouldn’t have been designed with zippers. The zippers are the only thing about these boots that I dislike. The reason I dislike the zippers is because not only does it tend to get stuck in the material when

I’m zipping the winter boots up or unzipping them, which can be a real hassle to try and undo without breaking or splitting the zippers all together, but also, the zippers don’t stay in place very well, even when I’ve zipped the boots up all the way, I’ll eventually find that the zippers unzip on their own, causing my boots to feel less snug. This can sometimes allow snow to sneak in if the snow is high or provide cool air with an entrance. This is the one big flaw that these winter boots suffer from.

Other than that complaint, I’m very happy with these winter boots and when winter comes around, should it snow, I bring out these winter boots and feel ready to go out into the slush and snow. The winter boots keep my feet pretty warm and comfortable, except when the zippers drop on their own. If I don’t realize the zippers have dropped, I may get some snow in my winter boots or feel a draft, which can be annoying. I basically have to check my winter boots every ...

• fifteen or twenty minutes to ensure the zippers are still all the way up. I like though how these winter boots provide me with the traction and stability that I need when it gets icy out or there’s snow to be walked through. I feel safe walking in these winter boots because I feel like I’m less likely to slip and fall. Everything about these winter boots, from the way they grip the ground to the insulating warmth they provide, just screams dependability, with the exception of those pesky zippers that can be annoyingly stubborn. They’re holding up very well even after facing a couple of winters and being worn, in some cases, every single day for extended periods of time. I’m hoping these sturdy winter boots continue to hold up well for years to come as I like them very much, aside from the zippers, but at this point, I probably didn’t need to toss that in there.

The Kamik Men’s Fernie Waterproof Winter Boots are a pleasure to put on when there’s snow on the ground and slush in the streets. I

know that these winter boots will protect my feet from the wetness and coldness of winter and that the winter boots will protect the rest of my body too since there’s a lot less of a chance of me slipping and falling to the ground with these winter boots on. Thus, they bring me both comfort and confidence. The winter boots certainly are comfortable to wear and sturdy in design, but they aren’t perfect. The zippers aren’t dependable or easy to work. The winter boots don’t stay zipped up all the time and this can lead to small amounts of cold snow or cold air hitting my feet. Plus, the zippers don’t move up or down smoothly enough and tend to get caught in the material at times. I would’ve preferred that these winter boots be designed without the zippers, but that’s something that’s already done and can’t be changed. I’m still pretty happy with these winter boots and I hope to be able to wear them for many more winter seasons to come. I feel confident that these winter boots are deserving of an “8″ rating.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 556121347920531/k2311a126/12.6.10