Santa’s Wonderland at Bass Pro Shop in Garland
5001 Bass Pro Drive, Garland, Texas 75043
  • I decided to do it tonight (on a Monday night) instead of a weekend this year because last year we went on a Saturday and the wait was over an hour long so we ended up leaving before the kids got their pictures taken
  • The toys there seem a bit overpriced so I definitely won't be buying anything there

• by jenn2010

Every year the Bass Pro Drive in Garland creates Santa’s Wonderland down in the hunting and boating section downstairs. Kids get to take a picture with Santa and they have different crafts and games on different days.

I took my three kids there tonight. I decided to do it tonight (on a Monday night) instead of a weekend this year because last year we went on a Saturday and the wait was over an hour long so we ended up leaving before the kids got their pictures taken. This year was much better. We only waited about 10 minutes.

The picture, however, was not so great. My one year old was screaming which was expected and I didn’t matter whether she was

smiling or not because at that age they almost all cry to be in a stranger’s lap. But the guy took the picture before my other two kids were ready. They are 5 and 4 and one was not smiling and looking off the other direction and the other one was not smiling and was looking down at the ground. I was really disappointed. The only good thing was that the pictures are free. Everyone gets a free 4×6 and then are offered to purchase a package with more pictures. If we see Santa at any other stores, I will probably try to get a better picture.

Santa’s Wonderland is set up really nicely though. Most other places have a fake ...

• looking Santa and set up, but at Bass Pro they do a really good job of making it all look real. They have a little house set up behind Santa’s chair with a small window at the top and an elv’s feet are sticking out of the window and moving up and down. Then beside the house are reindeer. They looked so real that my kids thought they were until I told them otherwise.

After the picture they played a few games which the kids thought were awesome. Since it is at the Bass Pro Shop, they had a free shooting game set up where the kids try to hit targets. The boys loved it. They also had a race

car on a track that the kids used a remote to control and a remote control monster truck.

Of course in between all of these games there are toys displayed for sale. So my kids kept asking me to buy them a toy. The toys there seem a bit overpriced so I definitely won’t be buying anything there.

After the kids played some games they went to the big fish tank and looked at all the huge fish they have in there. My kids could stand there for hours watching the huge catfish swimming by the windows.

I will continue taking my kids to Santa’s Wonderland during Christmas time but hopefully next year we will get a better picture out of it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 256121347900531/k2311a126/12.6.10