Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero-Smudge Lengthening Mascara
  • I bought a makeup set from estee lauder and it was more complete than I expected
  • I thought it was treacherous to use the estee lauder lash primer with another brand of mascara, instead of its other complementary half
  • The first time I applied the mascara, I wasn’t impressed instantaneously
  • But I thought it was amazing how the mascara dried so fast
  • I highly recommend you pair this with Estee Lauder’s lash primer to maximize the benefits

• by jhunie

I was confident this will make it to my top list of mascaras. I bought a makeup set from estee lauder and it was more complete than I expected. I was procrastinating to pick this up from the set because I didn’t want to put down my current mascara, and I already have some lying around. This goes back to ebay in case I don’t like it. But really, it was hard to ignore the temptation with all the good things I’ve been hearing about this mascara, and generally the stuff from Estee Lauder. I thought it was treacherous to use the estee lauder lash primer with another brand of mascara, instead of its other complementary half. So I surrendered in the end and gave this double wear zero smudge mascara a go.

The first time I applied the mascara, I wasn’t impressed instantaneously. It failed to hold the curl of my eyelash curler and the lashes already started bowing down. The ink was bearing weight over my lashes and I could see them fringing down my lash line. But I thought it was amazing how the mascara dried so fast. My coated lashes felt stiff and the dark ink didn’t stain my finger after touching. Then a bright idea popped up my brain and I wasn’t ready to call it quits with this mascara. Not yet. I suppose – when all else fails, just grab your

curler the second time around and give it your best shot! It was quite easy to recurl my mascara-coated lashes because they were stiff and the length was more enhanced. I strongly believe the mascara helped in making my lashes more pliable to curling. I clipped my lashes beginning at the very base of the lash line (where it pinches slightly) then another gratifying final touch at the middle of the shaft to give it a flip upward. I loved the result. It was dramatic and voluminous. It does show when you’ve overdone the other eye as opposed to the other, due to the black shade of the mascara. The mascara really works on a positive note, but only if you recurl your lashes.

The mascara’s thick consistency doesn’t warrant a clump-free result. In fact, it clumps often, but it’s most likely to occur if I went beyond 2 coats of this mascara, because at fussy times, I just think 2 coats look underwhelming. The dense wand is also not helping to elude clumping, actually it loads a lot of ink and I try to be frugal with the amount I dispense by sliding the brush along the sides of the vial, though it doesn’t work all the time. It’s also a waste of ink since the excess merely stagnates at the opening of the vial and I like to not apply mascara lavishly to save precious ink. Anyway, mascaras ...

• have very short shelf life and expire after the third or fourth month; even unused vials tend to harden. So I might as well make the most out of this mascara. The clumping is possible to undo with a q-tip, but you’ll have to beat the fast drying time of this mascara before the clumps settle into flakes.

After several days of using this mascara, I found there couldn’t be a more definitive name to describe how good this works, other than its existing name, which is so fitting the advertised smudge-proof and long lasting claims. I think it’s pretty straightforward. It’s normal for us to feel this blinking reflex right after mascara application and this hardly blots underneath my eyes. I have long lashes which touch the lower eye lids and the ink never creates a mess – ever! – even after a second just elapsed since the ink touched my lashes. Another hard evidence I can add to praise its waterproof formula, though a bit paradoxical, is the instance I accidentally blot the tip of the wand near the eye lid. I didn’t think it would be a serious problem to remove the ink, but once I tried to dab my fingers over it, it was nearly impossible to erase. I had to use a q-tip doused in a few drops of cleansing oil to remove the stain. I highly advise you shield your eye lids with a card

while applying the mascara to prevent indelible glitches, such as the latter example. It greatly says a substantial amount about the long lasting quality of the mascara. And it is; the mascara never wears off the whole day, despite the noticeable flaking.

The mascara actually removes easily with water. But it’s not thoroughly cleansed by estee lauder’s proprietary soft clean cleanser, perhaps there’s a separate eye makeup remover for this, which is not included in the gift set I purchased. The brush’s ultimate shortcoming is that it doesn’t do a decent job of separating the lashes. I find a section or two of the lashes always clump up and gather into a thick mass. If I run over the brush the second time, it inevitably deposits more of the ink, thus, the clumping could get worse lest I coat the lashes with just the correct amount of mascara and stop flicking the wand too much. This suggests you should not employ the brush as a finishing touch. It’s better to use an old, unused mascara brush or spooly, one that’s sanitized of course, to set the mascara. To close this mascara-centric matter, I am very happy of this product. I highly recommend you pair this with Estee Lauder’s lash primer to maximize the benefits.

It’s rather expensive at 20 dollars. If you’re in the hunt for good heavy-duty mascara, or an elixir to keep curled lashes defined, I would approve of this mascara.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 316121347700531/k2311a126/12.6.10