Koss DJ Headphones  » Electronics  »
  • I think the basis of having a nice pair of headphones all depends on what it is that you are trying to do
  • The Koss headphones are a wonderful piece of product but the ones that I bought didn’t make me happy at all
  • In my eyes, I believe that music is music and with that being said, why shouldn’t they work the same way
  • I would avoid trying these in this situation
  • I paid $35 for these headphones and personally that was a decent price to me

• by sacback

As a top dog in the DJ world, I have had my hands on many headphones. I think the basis of having a nice pair of headphones all depends on what it is that you are trying to do. Not all headphones are good and are worth buying. I used to be able to look at a pair of headphones and be able to tell that they are worth buying and using. This wasn’t the case with these DJ headphones. The Koss headphones are a wonderful piece of product but the ones that I bought didn’t make me happy at all. I had a lot of trouble making these work for me. I tried using these in the studio and that was the trouble I guess. In my eyes, I believe that music is music

and with that being said, why shouldn’t they work the same way?

I think the one thing that I had an issue with is the fact that they were made a little different than a regular pair of studio headphones. That is why I bought them to be honest with you. They offered a middle panel on both sides of the headphones, I assumed that this was because they wanted to give stability to the DJ. I wore these while doing a show a few months ago and they worked pretty well. I think that they really do work better in the DJ state. As far as the studio is concerned, this isn’t the case at all. I would avoid trying these in this situation.

In the DJ area I found that they are ...

• made with great frequency response and great bass response. I can hear every aspect of my music when I’m putting together a project. I don’t have to deal with distortion. Even though I bought these for the wrong purpose, I should of bought them for the purpose that were sold for. The foam phones can be adjusted to my liking. If I just so happen to not feel comfortable, I can make them higher and or lower which is a cool thing.

I can upload music to these headphones and listen to my music as I go. They don’t have to be used during a show I normally use them while I’m working out or taking a run. They were more comfortable than I thought they were in the beginning.

Another thing that I had to learn

to like about these headphones was that they were portable. I was able to carry them anywhere. The only thing that I had to get used to was that they were hard to collapse. I had to take the time to figure this out. It took me a few hours to learn how to fold them properly. They aren’t as easy as the Dr. Dre headphones. The earphones also pivot which is another thing that made them stick out. Outside of the things that I Didn’t like, I found them to be useful when I‘m Djing. They didn’t cost as much as I thought they were going to cost me. I paid $35 for these headphones and personally that was a decent price to me. Most headphones are much more expensive so to me, these are extremely affordable.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 166121347510531/k2311a126/12.6.10