Earth Therapeutics Foot Repair Balm 6 oz  » Health  »
  • I have two other products in the Earth Therapeurtics foot care line– the heel stick and the foot refresher spray, and I loved both so much that I bought this lotion balm to go with them so now I have a complete set
  • I like the fact that the tea tree oil helps to prevent and heal infection, since I am diabetic and have to take very good care of my feet
  • The only problem I have ever had with the balm is that the tube sometimes leaks
  • I don’t know if I managed to get two bad tubes, or if it was a coincidence, but because of this I recommend keeping the tube lying flat– at least until it becomes close to empty

• by reviewabit

I have two other products in the Earth Therapeurtics foot care line– the heel stick and the foot refresher spray, and I loved both so much that I bought this lotion balm to go with them so now I have a complete set. This balm contains the same antibacterial tea tree oil as the others, but also adds aloe and chamomile, and is a much lighter formula. I like the fact that the tea tree oil helps to prevent and heal infection, since I am diabetic and have to take very good care of my feet.

The fragrance of this balm is similar to the other two products, and it is a very light, clean refreshing scent. It is a perfect addition to the set that fills a particular need.

While

the heel stick is a great product and I usually use it all over my feet, since buying the balm, I find it much easier to use the stick just on the heels and rough spots, while using the balm on the entire foot. If my feet are particularly dry, I will use the stick all over the foot, and then “touch up” with the balm as needed.

While the stick is a very heavy shea butter formula, this product is lighter and can be used comfortably every day without leaving a heavy film on the skin. It is also nice to use on other parts of the body, and I usually put some on my hands and arms while I am using it for my feet and legs.

The consistency is a ...

• little thin compare to most lotion type products. I do have to be careful when I put some onto my hands, because a lot may come out at once.

Despite the weaker consistency, it works every bit as well as thicker products. Earth Therapeutics has impressed me– I like their values.

Their products are mindful of the environment and not tested on animals, and also made in the USA. The pricing of this line of products is excellent compared to many high end products I have tried, and every bit as good.

I normally pay only about seven dollars for this balm and it is a rather large six ounce tube. The only problem I have ever had with the balm is that the tube sometimes leaks.

I tend to

stand mine upright, especially when it is getting near to the end of the tube, and I’ve found the inside of the cap a mess a few times. This has happened with two separate tubes.

I don’t know if I managed to get two bad tubes, or if it was a coincidence, but because of this I recommend keeping the tube lying flat– at least until it becomes close to empty. If you have very sensitive skin, you might want to do a spot test with this product (or the matching foot spray) because of the content of the tea tree oil.

For most it will leave a fresh tingly feeling, but I have become aware that some people are very sensitive to tea tree oil and should be careful with products that contain it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 346121347330431/k2311a126/12.6.10