FullBar Weight Loss Bars Caramel Apple Crisp Pak 12 ct box
1.0
  • I bought these bars hoping they would produce the same effects, as they are advertised to do
  • I know several people who have had bariatric surgery, and they have suffered horrible side effects like frequent vomiting and malnutrition
  • I decided to try it anyway, and be careful about monitoring my blood sugar
  • I bought the caramel apple flavor because I love caramel apples
  • I don’t recommend these, because there is nothing in the claim that it is similar to the effects of surgery

• by reviewabit

I really, really wanted these bars to work. I am overweight and have even considered weight loss surgery… so the idea that something could duplicate that without having to be cut was a dream come true for me. The surgery would be especially risky in my case, so it’s not likely I will ever go through with it. I bought these bars hoping they would produce the same effects, as they are advertised to do. I know several people who have had bariatric surgery, and they have suffered horrible side effects like frequent vomiting and malnutrition.

I want to avoid this… and would be

willing even to eat the same diet and amount of food, if I only had the will power. I was hoping this product would do that for me. The first disappointment was when I read the nutrition information on the box. The bar has 13 grams of sugar in it– and I am diabetic.

That’s not the best combination. Too many carbs like that will send my blood sugar through the roof. I decided to try it anyway, and be careful about monitoring my blood sugar. There can sometimes be ways of getting around the effects of high carb treats if you are

skillful! I wondered though, since it was so high in carbs, how that would translate into less appetite, because sugary high carb foods actually stimulate the appetite in most people.

I took it on faith that there was something special about this bar. I bought the caramel apple flavor because I love caramel apples. The first time I tried the bar, the taste was ok. Not fantastic, but certainly not the worst bar I have ever eaten.

It did not taste like a natural apple flavor. It was very pseudo-apple. It was sweeter than it needed to be. There was one thing that was undeniable– ...

• FullBar Weight Loss Bars Caramel Apple Crisp Pak 12 ct box
      it was big.

It definitely looked filling. I had no problem eating the whole thing though. (most diabetics wouldn’t) It had a sort of puffed cereal kind of texture. According to the label, there were 31 grams of carbs, and only four of fiber.

That didn’t make much sense to me, as I would have expected a bar marketed to be “filling” to be very high in fiber. I could have eaten a Metamucil wafer instead. I am sad to report, that the effects were only negative. It did run up my blood sugar much too far to jusitfy continuance, and after trying

on several days in succession, there was no reduction in my food intake or appetite after eating these bars.

If anything, they just made me crave carbs more. I carefully examined the ingredients on the box, and I really do not see how these bars could do anything special. I can make food bars more nutritious and filling than these for lesser calories and WAY less carbs. I don’t recommend these, because there is nothing in the claim that it is similar to the effects of surgery.

It is no more similar than a cereal bar would be– and they are much cheaper.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 346121347220431/k2311a126/12.6.10