Queasy Pops Natural Cola 7 count pops  » Health  »
  • Mom and I are both diabetic, so these were probably not the best choice for us, but since we were having a hard time keeping food down, in this case there was no harm done as we actually needed the extra calories and carbohydrate
  • These cola flavored pops were probably riding on the home remedy of cola syrup for nausea, which in my experience, is actually helpful
  • I am not sure what particular benefits these sweeteners would have over sugar or corn syrup, other than the fact that they avoid the now taboo corn sweetener
  • When I found out the price of the item later on, I shook my head as I knew that regular candy would probably have worked find and cost about a fifth or sixth of that price
  • I don’t really recommend them– but only because of the price

• by reviewabit

There is nothing more miserable about a flu than nausea. When my mom and I both got a nasty bug that was going around, a neighbor was kind enough to do some shopping for us and brought us these “Queasy Pops” which was supposed to be a drug-free way to treat nausea. Mom and I are both diabetic, so these were probably not the best choice for us, but since we were having a hard time keeping food down, in this case there was no harm done as we actually needed the extra calories and carbohydrate. I have seen lots of products that are sugar or corn syrup based sold for nausea treatment.

I mostly ignored them, as there are plenty of sugar and corn syrup products you can use without having to pay a

higher price for them. Clear candy or flat soda drinks work just as well as most anti emetics on the market. These cola flavored pops were probably riding on the home remedy of cola syrup for nausea, which in my experience, is actually helpful.

It is the syrup, not the cola ingredients– lemon soda syrup would work just as well, or ginger ale, since ginger is well known as a nausea treatment. I am really surprised these were not ginger flavored, since it is a natural product and ginger is a popular natural remedy. This item was unique in that the sweeteners used were not corn syrup (which has gotten a bad rap lately) but instead were rice syrup and cane juice.

I am not sure what particular benefits these sweeteners would have over sugar or ...

• corn syrup, other than the fact that they avoid the now taboo corn sweetener. There is also listed on the box an ingredient of “proprietary blend” which of course I have no idea what that is, but I assume it is a mix of herbs or other supplements that enhance the effects of the product. The box of pops is pretty small.

There are only seven pops inside. When I found out the price of the item later on, I shook my head as I knew that regular candy would probably have worked find and cost about a fifth or sixth of that price. At the time we received them, we were too sick to even think of such things, we just stuck a pop in our mouth and hoped it would work.

The extra

carbs were good and there was no harm done. As far as them working, they did seem soothing, much as any sugary substance does when you are that sick. They are no miracle, and aren’t intended to be– but the cola flavor reminded us of drinking the cola syrup that had helped soothe us in the past, and there is something about cola flavor that just somehow alleviates nausea to me, even though I know it’s just the sugar content.

Those seven candies were eaten up pretty fast. They may have been more intended for children, since they were on lollipop sticks, but it hardly matters. I didn’t like holding the stick so I bit mine off.

I don’t really recommend them– but only because of the price. They work as well as any candy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 346121347210431/k2311a126/12.6.10