ALCiS Daily Relief Pain Relief Cream 3 oz  » Health  »
  • Most are counter-irritants, with strong menthol fragrances that can be overpowering and certainly not the best way to express your personal style
  • Sometimes I like the odor and find it pleasant, but it’s not exactly what I want to be my signature scent
  • After years of wearing eau de menthol, I found a product I can use that does not create a strong smell
  • This was definitely a plus, if the product worked
  • I suspect it works best with inflammatory pain, so I would definitely recommend it for arthritis patients

• by reviewabit

I have had fibromyalgia and lupus-like symptoms since I was a teen. I’ve probably tried just about every pain relief product out there. Most are counter-irritants, with strong menthol fragrances that can be overpowering and certainly not the best way to express your personal style. Sometimes I like the odor and find it pleasant, but it’s not exactly what I want to be my signature scent. After years of wearing eau de menthol, I found a product I can use that does not create a strong smell.

It’s called ALCiS cream and it is not easy to find. I only heard about it through a fibromyalgia support group, and I had to go on an online hunt to find and order it. I was skeptical at first, because it seems like another version

of Aspercreme, which I never found very effective. It claims to have a patented liposome delivery system, whatever on earth that means.

Basically, it’s a salicylate creme, much like Aspercreme is, but with the rave reviews I heard that I never heard about Aspercreme, I figured it was worth the risk to try it. It was about ten dollars in price, which is comparable to many other similar products I have tried for muscle and joint pain. My first impression was that this was a heavier cream than what I was accustomed to for pain relief. It felt more like a moisturizer.

This ALCiS was creamy and smooth, and the fragrance was like a hand lotion. It reminded me of an Avon hand cream I once used. The smell was not strong, and could easily be worn without ...

• detection if you wanted to over it with your own perfume. This was definitely a plus, if the product worked.

Instructions said to use up to three times a day. Much of my pain is nerve mediated, but I also show signs of inflammation at time. It is a bit of a debate whether anti inflammatory creams and oral medications are effective for my symptoms. Sometimes they seem to work, and sometimes not.

In a week’s time, I developed some lumbar pain and sciatica-like pain in my leg and foot. I applied the cream liberally and within an hour it had diminished about 50%. I was duly impressed! Most creams don’t give me this dramatic of an effect. In a few days, my pain had slowly diminished to nothing,

and I discontinued the cream.

Later on in the month I had some ar pain, which felt like nerve pain, and I used the cream again. This time, there was no effect. I eventually resorted to a menthol gel, because of the tingling effect it produced, which although it did not eliminate the root cause of the pain, it distracted me from it. So, to wrap it up– this cream works for me sometimes, and sometimes not.

I assume it depends on what the cause of the pain is– inflammatory vs. nerve irritation. I do love the fact that I can use it without a menthol smell, and for that reason alone, I will keep using it when it is appropriate. I suspect it works best with inflammatory pain, so I would definitely recommend it for arthritis patients.

Bob Gragg says :

re : I suspect it works best with inflammatory pain, so I would definitely recommend it for arthritis patients
    I acquired samples of Alcis prior to its public release and found that it worked on many muscle and joint pains. I purchased several 3 oz tubes when it became available and my wife and I have been using this cream ever since. We are now in our late sixties and have more occasions to use this cream. Of all of the pain relief creams this product has been one of the only products of its type to really live up to it’s claims. I highly recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 346121347110431/k2311a126/12.6.10