Itasca Men’s 13″ Benchwarmer Boots
1.0
  • They cost thirty four dollars and ninety-nine cents, and that was a sale price, but they most certainly weren't worth the sale price, let alone the regular price of thirty nine dollars and ninety-nine cents

• by CirclingCanvas

It doesn’t snow as often in Northern Texas as it does in other states that are more up north, but some winters dump a surprising amount of snow, like the winter of 2009. The snow was quite deep and boots were absolutely necessary unless a person wanted to get wet snow all over his or her lower pant legs and in his or her shoes. The Itasca Men’s 13″ Benchwarmer Boots were not up to the task, though. Although the winter boots looked relatively sturdy on the outside and were thirteen inches in height, they took a beating in the high snow and went to pieces, literally. They cost thirty four dollars and ninety-nine cents, and that was a sale price, but they most certainly weren’t worth the sale price, let alone the regular price of thirty nine dollars and ninety-nine cents. I personally don’t think they’re worth any kind of money considering the very

poor quality of the winter boots.

I had problems with the insides of these winter boots as well as on the outside. There was snow on the ground for several weeks, so every time I went out, I wore these winter boots in order to combat the high snow and the icy areas on the ground. After about a week and a half of use, the soft and warm foam lining began to tear and come apart, thus reducing the degree of warmth and comfort that the winter boots provided. The boots were, however, still wearable and although my feet were colder as a result of the torn lining, they still stayed dry. That is, until the sole on one of the boots became loose. Naturally, snow and slush made its way through the cracks that had formed and every time I took a step, I would feel a real chill by my foot and my ...

• sock would get wet. That’s a good way to go about getting sick, so I stopped wearing the boots.

In the time leading up to the problems that I had with these winter boots, I was actually pretty happy with them. They did a good job digging into the icy spots and helped me to keep my balance so that I didn’t slip and fall. The winter boots kept my feet warm and effectively blocked out wetness. The polyurethane and waterproof PVC material both worked in conjunction to keep my feet warm and dry. The winter boots just didn’t hold up though as the second week progressed. The sole came apart partially and the lining ripped, leaving me with winter boots that had been whipped rather badly by a pretty nasty winter.

The Itasca Men’s 13″ Benchwarmer Boots look stylish and nice on the outside and fit snugly and comfortably on the inside. They were a real

pleasure to wear for a short while. However, when I spend money on winter boots or any kind of shoe or clothing, regardless of price, I expect that something to hold up for at least a year. These winter boots didn’t even make it through one winter and that was mighty disappointing. I would have liked to keep wearing these winter boots, but I couldn’t in the shape they were in. My feet felt miserable once the interior lining had become torn in various spots and the sole began to fall apart in one boot. I knew I was going to get sick if I kept wearing these winter boots, so I stopped. I’m only rating these winter boots a “2″ because of how comfortable they were to wear and how effective they were when walking on slippery surfaces, but considering they didn’t even last two full weeks, they really ended up being a waste of money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 556121346870431/k2311a126/12.6.10