Nordic Gear Battery Heated Lectra Sox
  • In the house, where it's not so cold, then perhaps the warmth would be sufficient, but I didn't buy these socks to keep my feet warm while indoors, I wanted them for when I had to leave the house and be out for awhile

• by CirclingCanvas

In the winter time, most, if not all of us, try to find ways of staying warm when the temperatures drop below freezing outside. Even though most of us would just love to stay in a nice, warm house or soft, warm bed on days like those, we generally can’t because of work, errands and so on. This sometimes leads to rather crazy purchases that promise warmth and comfort, but typically don’t deliver, either one quality or both. The Nordic Gear Battery Heated Lectra Sox is a product that disappoints when it comes to both warmth and comfort and proved to be a complete and total waste of nineteen dollars and ninety-nine cents. Don’t step into these socks because if you do, get ready to have cold and

achy feet!

These socks actually made my feet hurt. Not only were the socks too small despite me getting the size that I normally buy in regular socks that fit me fine. The socks proved to be real tight around my feet and ankles and this was distracting and bothersome to a significant extent. I absolutely abhor tight socks. What was worse though was the wiring that ran underneath the toe region, so I was walking on this hard wire that caused my feet to ache in no time, as one might imagine. Talk about very poor product design! Did the company not do any product testing to see just how uncomfortable these socks were?

Onto the warmth, or lack of warmth, that these socks provide. I felt very ...

• little in terms of warmth when the socks were on. The insignificant amount of warmth the socks gave off didn’t help to keep the chill off of my feet when the temperatures were in the thirties. In the house, where it’s not so cold, then perhaps the warmth would be sufficient, but I didn’t buy these socks to keep my feet warm while indoors, I wanted them for when I had to leave the house and be out for awhile. I had hoped to enjoy a soothing warmth around my feet and ankles, but all I ended up with was very tight socks that had stiff wires running along in them that resulted in very little heat for my feet.

The Nordic Gear Battery Heated Lectra Sox really

fall short when it comes to comfort and quality. On the outside, the wool and polyester material looks comfortable and warm, and the socks even feel soft and nice, but once on, the look and feel of the socks gets crushed by the harsh reality of the product being poor and inadequate. The wiring within the socks, while obviously necessary, is far too obtrusive and uncomfortable due to where the wiring is located and runs. The amount of heat the socks give off was pitiful and didn’t accomplish anything remotely close to keeping my feet warm. Overall, a very disappointing and flawed product that is very much deserving of a very low “1″ rating. No redeeming qualities at all. Heavy duty socks will keep one’s feet warmer than these socks.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 556121346820431/k2311a126/12.6.10