Banquet Chicken Pot Pie
  • If you have never eaten a Banquet Pot Pie, it is small, just a few inches across, and frozen so it is convenient to keep on hand when you are in the mood for comfort food
  • To me, Banquet Chicken Pot Pie definitely comes within the description of comfort food
  • This pot pie has both a top and bottom crust and is filled with tiny chunks of tender chicken and diced potatoes, carrots, and green peas in a delicious and flavorful broth
  • Then you place the pot pie on a microwave safe plate though you can also tear in half the cardboard box that the pot pie was packaged in and use that under the microwave to avoid the need to wash a plate
  • I think they are all pretty tasty, though the chicken is my favorite

• by deem

I have loved Banquet Chicken Pot Pies since I was a child — at least 45 years I would say. If you have never eaten a Banquet Pot Pie, it is small, just a few inches across, and frozen so it is convenient to keep on hand when you are in the mood for comfort food.

To me, Banquet Chicken Pot Pie definitely comes within the description of comfort food. This pot pie has both a top and bottom crust and is filled with tiny chunks of tender chicken and diced potatoes, carrots, and green peas in a delicious and flavorful broth. Although years ago these pot pies came in small metal tin “pie plates” and had to be baked in the conventional oven or toaster oven, Banquet Chicken Pot Pies now come in small cardboard containers and can now be prepared in the microwave.

To prepare a

Banquet pot pie, you should first cut a small slit in the top crust. This is to allow the steam to escape during the heating process so you don’t end up with the broth or the rest of the filling exploding in your microwave. Then you place the pot pie on a microwave safe plate though you can also tear in half the cardboard box that the pot pie was packaged in and use that under the microwave to avoid the need to wash a plate. The pot pie only needs to be heated in the microwave for four to five minutes.

After heating, you should take care to let the pot pie rest for a few minutes so it has a chance to cool down. If you don’t do this, you will almost definitely burn your mouth because the filling is very hot when it first comes out of the microwave.

• Even prepared in the microwave, I find that the crust on these pot pies browns nicely and is flaky. When I am ready to eat the pot pie, I usually push the top crust into the yummy, gooey filling so the crust becomes moist and picks up the flavor of the broth.

Unfortunately, though the Banquet Chicken Pot Pies are 7 ounces, they could use more filling within the crust because I must admit I find the filling to be a little on the skimpy side. Even if the company only increased the amount of broth, that would be an improvement. As it is, there is a little too much empty space and not enough filling within the pot pie so it is not as filling as it could otherwise be.

Nevertheless, I find the Banquet Chicken Pot Pies to be my favorites. Although

they are high in sodium, I think they taste the best and, to me, they taste the way a chicken pot pie should taste. I have tasted other frozen pot pies that may have contained more chicken or more substantial amounts of vegetables, but they just don’t taste the way Banquet Chicken Pot Pies taste and so they don’s spell comfort food for me.

Banquet Chicken Pot Pies are inexpensive; you can often pick up a couple fcr only about a dollar. Because they come in small, square boxes, they are easy to stack in my freezer so I can just pull one out and take it to work when I want a quick and easy lunch. If you are not a fan of chicken, you can also buy Banquet Pot Pies in beef and turkey flavors. I think they are all pretty tasty, though the chicken is my favorite.

Banquet Chicken Pot Pie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 276121346670331/k2311a126/12.6.10