Vicks NyQuil Original Flavor Multi-Symptom Cold/Flu Relief  » Medicine  »
1.5
  • For just under eight dollars, I considered this medication to be the best cold medication on the market for me
  • Then, about two or three years ago, the medicine underwent some changes and the ingredients were changed, and the very first bottle of the new stuff that I bought ended up being my last and after that, I had to go about searching for a cold medication that would as well or at least as close as possible to the original Vicks NyQuil product
  • I used to recommend it to family members and friends if they caught the flu bug or had a nasty cold

• by CirclingCanvas

Vicks NyQuil Original Flavor Multi-Symptom Cold/Flu Relief used to be the only over the counter medicine that I would buy to help ease my cough, relieve some of the ache in my head and make sneezing less common when I would catch a cold or be experiencing flu-like symptoms. Especially during the autumn and winter, I’d make darned sure that there was a bottle of this cold medication in the bathroom. For just under eight dollars, I considered this medication to be the best cold medication on the market for me. It worked and it worked relatively quickly to, so I was able to get longer periods of sleep and feel less of a wreak when awake. Ten ounces came in a bottle, so one battle would easily last me multiple sick spells and the sweetness that the medicine had made it tolerable to take

without me feeling the need to gag. I considered this cold medicine to be a very good value because of how effective it was and how much medicine came in a bottle. Then, about two or three years ago, the medicine underwent some changes and the ingredients were changed, and the very first bottle of the new stuff that I bought ended up being my last and after that, I had to go about searching for a cold medication that would as well or at least as close as possible to the original Vicks NyQuil product.

When I first started buying the Vicks NyQuil Multi-Symptom Cold/Flu Relief medication, relief came within the first thirty or so minutes of taking the cold medication. I would feel less of an urge to cough my nose wouldn’t seem to run as much. I wouldn’t feel as dizzy or have as much of a headache. The cold medication worked very well and lasted many hours before wearing off. After the formula was changed, I would take this cold medication and I would find that it would bring me very little relief, nothing at all like when I first started taking this stuff. It’s effectiveness was cut down significantly and I no longer felt better after taking it. It still helped with my coughing, although not nearly as much and my head wouldn’t be pounding as much, but the overall degree of relief wasn’t nearly as impressive. I eventually gave Mucinex DM Expectorant Maximum Strength and Nasal Decongestant a try, which is an over the counter medicine that helps with nasal and chest congestion, which does help with one’s cough but is more geared towards reducing congestion, and Zicam Cough Max Cough Spray and Buckleys Mixture ...

• Vicks NyQuil Original Flavor Multi-Symptom Cold/Flu Relief
      Cough Suppressant, which are both over the counter medications as well that really help soothing a relentless cough. With these other medications available to me, I have no reason to have to settle with this cold medication, a medication that was once great, but now not so great.

Vicks NyQuil Original Flavor Multi-Symptom Cold/Flu Relief used to bring a lot more relief than the cold medication does today. I used to recommend it to family members and friends if they caught the flu bug or had a nasty cold. Now I wouldn’t recommend the cold medication to family, friend or stranger as it no longer eases the symptoms associated with the flu or with a cold, like a nagging cough that drains the body and worsens a headache that may have already settled in place or a real runny nose that results in a super sore

nose from all the tissue being used. I never had any trouble taking this cold medication as it was sweet and easy on the stomach, and I knew it was going to help me to feel better while my body fought off the sickness, so I eagerly took it. I didn’t mind that it made me sleepy since sleep is about the best thing one can do when not feeling well. What was once an excellent cold and flu medication is now a relatively ineffective one due to the changes that were made in the ingredients. Why the makes of this cold and flu medication decided to tinker and change up something that worked so very well is something that I just don’t understand. In the past, I would’ve happily given this cold and flu medication a “10″ rating, but today, it gets a “3″ rating from me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 263121346090231/k2311a123/12.3.10