Sephora Lip Attitude - Star Lipstick in Plum Vertigo  » Cosmetics  »
  • Plum Vertigo is definitely one of the deeper lip colors in the palette
  • So I like the fact that I get good pigmentation with this lip color
  • It has a modern and contemporary edge to it, and I think it will go with a lot of colors in a girl's wardrobe
  • That's the best make-up deal I have heard of in a long time
  • But I really like the way Plum Vertigo looks all by itself, and personally, I don't think it needs to be mixed with other lip colors

• by Lisa Pellegrini

This is one of those lipstick shades that is actually true to its name. (And I do like that name Plum Vertigo. It’s pretty cool.) I have been able to try all of these different Sephora lip shades and lip collections, because I have gotten a sample from each collection in Sephora’s limited-edition lip palette. It includes 15 lip colors for $15, which is the sale price. I am glad that I purchased it, because it includes some bright shades as well as some deep ones. Plum Vertigo is definitely one of the deeper lip colors in the palette.

Plum Vertigo is a subdued plum color with maybe a slight mix of brown. It almost

reminds me of Lancome’s Juicy Tube lip gloss in Beach Plum, for any of you ladies who are Juicy Tube lovers. The main difference is that Plum Vertigo has the texture of a lipstick, and it doesn’t give you the high shine that you get from the Juicy Tubes. Also, Plum Vertigo has a soft shimmer in it. I would also compare Plum Vertigo to brick red, in a way, because it is a deep color.

So I like the fact that I get good pigmentation with this lip color. And even though it is not a vivacious color that brings life to my face, there is something appealing about this dark and moody color. It has a modern and contemporary edge to it, and I think it will go with a lot of colors in a girl’s wardrobe. I would wear it with all different shades of purple, but I also think that it will go with burgundy very nicely.

This is definitely not the right color for you if you don’t like dark lipstick. If you have old-fashioned taste when it comes to lipstick, and you always stick to soft pinks and classic red, then you may not like Plum Vertigo. But if you like cutting-edge make-up that ventures out to the dark side, then you may find Plum Vertigo appealing. There is something sexy and mysterious about ...

• Sephora Lip Attitude - Star Lipstick in Plum Vertigo
      it. I think it would be ultra cool and sexy to sweep some pearly lip gloss over it. I always think of pearly gloss as a quick fix for a dark lip color that needs some life injected into it. The frosty, icy sheen of the gloss would not take the mystique away from the Plum Vertigo. It would just add some shine to it.

This Sephora lipstick in Plum Vertigo costs $12 for a single tube, but I cannot stress enough how much better it would be to buy the whole lip palette for $15. That’s the best make-up deal I have heard of in a long time. You can bring it with you

when you travel. It comes with a lip brush, too. I think you will love it, because you will have a great medley of reds, plums, browns, pinks, and nudes. So you can mix Plum Vertigo with some of the other plum and brown shades in the palette. But I really like the way Plum Vertigo looks all by itself, and personally, I don’t think it needs to be mixed with other lip colors. Like I said before, the only change I would make to it is to dab some pearly lip gloss over it. But for those of you who like a somewhat vampy look, I would wear Plum Vertigo all by itself.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313121346080231/k2311a123/12.3.10