Bobbi Brown Creamy Lip Color in Italian Rose
  • After seeing the way this looks on my lips, I don't think it looks like a rose color
  • And I think this lip color will appeal to women of all tastes -- those who like coral lipsticks as well as those who like rusty brown lipsticks
  • Of course the best way to apply it is directly from the tube
  • That's the only thing I don't like about lip palettes
  • Unfortunately, a tube costs $22, which is fairly steep

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I am always trying new Bobbi Brown lip colors. Her metallic lipsticks are very creamy, although her Creamy Lip Color collection carries her most moisturizing lipsticks, as I understand it. This shade Italian Rose keeps appearing in various Bobbi Brown sets in some of the department stores. I got a hold of it when I purchased Bobbi’s current holiday lip palette, which includes six lip colors and a lip brush for $45.

After seeing the way this looks on my lips, I don’t think it looks like a rose color. It looks more like a subdued coral color or terra cotta color. That’s different from what I usually see in coral lipsticks. I normally think of coral lipstick as bright, but Italian Rose is like a

softer version of coral mixed with a bit of cinnamon brown or caramel. So I don’t know why it is called Italian Rose. I would have called it “Terra Coral.”

Anyway, I do like this color, because it is like a more neutral looking coral than I am used to seeing. So because of that, it will probably go with more colors of clothing than the brighter shades of coral do. And I think this lip color will appeal to women of all tastes — those who like coral lipsticks as well as those who like rusty brown lipsticks. The pigmentation of this lipstick is good. It is not a sheer lipstick, and I am glad about that, because I have sheer lip colors from other ...

• cosmetic companies.

I do not like the lip brush that is included in the palette. It is too full and fluffy. Those may sound like necessary features in a cosmetic brush, but for me, it would have been more helpful if the brush had a pointed tip. That would make it much easier for me to line and define my lips as I am applying the color. But lucky for me, I have a pointed lip brush that came with the Sephora lip palette that I own, so I will just have to use that brush instead. Of course the best way to apply it is directly from the tube. When I have lip color in a palette, I need to dip the

brush into the color several times before I finally get enough lipstick on my lips. So it is faster to apply the lipstick directly from the tube. That’s the only thing I don’t like about lip palettes.

I would recommend Bobbi’s Creamy Lip Color in Italian Rose, but I suggest that you buy the individual tube instead of buying the lip palette. Unfortunately, a tube costs $22, which is fairly steep. But if you buy it on Bobbi Brown’s website, sometimes they offer you free samples with a purchase. So you may want to look into that. Italian Rose has a kind of understated beauty. If you try it on at the Bobbi Brown counter before you go online, then you will see what I mean.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313121346050231/k2311a123/12.3.10