Member’s Mark Cetirizine Hydrochloride (Generic Zyrtec)  » Medicine  »
1.0
  • Cetirizine Hydrochloride (Generic Zyrtec) —  I bought these at my local walmart a few years back because I was having some severe allergy issues
  • They are essentially a generic version of Zyrtec so I decided that I would try them
  • Overall I cannot say that I would recommend this product
  • However, I think that they would work for someone whose allergies are relatively non-existent or who have mild allergy flare-ups

• by webgirl40

Cetirizine Hydrochloride (Generic Zyrtec) —  I bought these at my local walmart a few years back because I was having some severe allergy issues. They are essentially a generic version of Zyrtec so I decided that I would try them. My hope was that they would work as well as Zyrtec but still be more affordable in regards to me monthly budget. That being said the price was the most obvious reason that I bought this product. It was about $4.00 for a

bottle of like 30 caplets (I cannot remember the exact number to be honest). Needless to say though it was substantially cheaper then the adult version of Zyrtec.

I took this product for about 4 weeks before I gave up on it. It just did not seem to work as well as Zyrtec or even drug store generic brands I have used before like Walgreen’s or CVS. Let me be clear that I did not expect the tablets to completely get tried of my ...

• allergies but I was hoping to limit the flare -ups to only about once or twice a month. However with this product my flare-ups have been coming at least once a week. I am actually better off without the allergy medicine then I am on it. I do not know if this product simply was not strong enough or what but they certainly did not work for me. I have since switched back to Zyrtec and other Drug store brands because they work better.

Overall

I cannot say that I would recommend this product. However, I think that they would work for someone whose allergies are relatively non-existent or who have mild allergy flare-ups. I think that this product simply was not strong enough for me, so I would not necessarily dissuade someone from trying this product. I would only say that they seemed to good to be true for me and if someone wanted to try them they should probably not have high hopes of the medicine working.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 263121345690131/k2311a123/12.3.10