La Mesa Grill @ SM Northwing, Cebu  » Restaurants  »
Northwing of SM City Cebu, North Reclamation Area, Mabolo, 6000 Cebu City
  • I went to SM with a friend and noticed this chic restaurant located in SM Northwing
  • It was the first time I’d tried salmon head stew and I really love it
  • We told him we were on a tight budget and suggested food that were really cheap but yet very delicious
  • I would, without doubt, recommend it to my friends

• by hyzenthlay

My first encounter with La Mesa Grill was a year and a half ago. I went to SM with a friend and noticed this chic restaurant located in SM Northwing. Our love for Filipino food had attracted us to try La Mesa Grill. We were hesitant to try it at first because it looked classy. We were afraid that we couldn’t afford the food there since we just spent a lot of money shopping. Surprisingly, when the waiter

handed us the menu, it wasn’t that expensive at all. The prices were reasonable enough for us. Since my friend and I were on a tight budget, we chose to eat the cheap food they offered. We ordered “sinagang na salmon head” (salmon head stew) and “pinakbet” (a vegetable dish). It was the first time I’d tried salmon head stew and I really love it. It was really delicious. The vegetable dish was really yummy. We ordered rice ...

• and drinks as well. We only paid less than P500 (roughly $10) for our meal.

They had really great customer service as well. The waiter served us well. We told him we were on a tight budget and suggested food that were really cheap but yet very delicious. The food was served in a timely manner. I was really satisfied with La Mesa’s staff. The manager also came to our table to ask about how we liked our

food. Customer service is a great factor for me in coming back to a restaurant.

Since then, I was a regular customer at La Mesa Grill. They offer a wide variety of Filipino dishes from sea food to meat dishes such as pork and chicken. Customers can also grill food right at their own table. They have delectable desserts too.

La Mesa grill has indeed great food and great service. I would, without doubt, recommend it to my friends.

Eric says :

It was a nasty place to eat at. Bad service. The food was terrible. Bloody chicken, bad pork because of taste and smelled. Not all you can eat rice. A rat ran across the floor while there. Flies all over the food and place. Asked for straw and server was shocked. I found out this place belongs to a Senator. I wonder if he eats there and if he even cares about this place. This place should be shut down for health and other reasons.

hyzenthlay replies :

I’m sorry to hear about your experience, Eric. I’ve never been there for a long time and I’ve heard that their service has deteriorated and the food got nasty.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 73121345680131/k2311a123/12.3.10