Ralph Hot by Ralph Lauren perfume
  • The overall scent that you are left with when this starts to settle on the skin is definitely vanilla orientated with a soft woody and musky overtone
  • The packaging suggests it's suitable for the summery months, but I strongly disagree as this is much better when worn in the colder months

• by Ticktock

I’ve never been a huge fan of Ralph Lauren fragrances in the past, so when I was given a bottle of this - ‘Ralph Hot’ - as a present recently I was a little apprehensive.

Though this fragrance has actually been around a while now (it was launched back in 2006), this was the first time I’d actually come across it so was dubious to say the least. The reason being I work part time in a perfume store so why haven’t I tested it before? To me that isn’t a good start but we will see..

The look of the bottle is quite eye catching, not so much for the design of the shape (which is a stubby oval) but more for the

vibrant colours that are used; a beautiful purple that is quite electrifying and makes it stand out on the shelves immediately. The wording and the lid is a contrasting turquoise and the whole appearance is meant to be neon..it’s certainly bright that’s for sure but something doesn’t ring true as the look of the bottle just doesn’t sit right with the name.

Onto the fragrance itself.

This is where it starts to pick up as this features notes of:

Spices Amber Lime Mandarin Orange Fig Leaf Orchid Musk Vanilla Almond Blossom Citrus Jasmine Geranium Sandalwood

As you can tell from all the notes used to compose this perfume, there is a real mixture going on and I was afraid it would all be too much. There

seems to be an awful lot of strong notes all trying to be top contenders in this. It claims to be an ‘Oriental Vanilla’ fragrance aimed at women, and I have to admit that is my dream scent so I was actually looking forward to testing this out.

On first spritzing this onto my skin I was immediately hit with a spicy fragrance. This isn’t too surprising given it contains spices and is called ‘Hot’! Though it doesn’t state which spices exactly are used my nostrils seemed to pick up a real ginger vibe which gave it the warmth.

The lime and the mandarin orange came through quite quickly and gave it a fruity twist which actually worked well. There is a slight floral ...

• Ralph Hot by Ralph Lauren perfume
      tone namely the jasmine, which again though it all sounds like an odd combination this does actually work when worn.

The overall scent that you are left with when this starts to settle on the skin is definitely vanilla orientated with a soft woody and musky overtone.

The vanilla is soft and delicate but is very noticeable and not too sweet either which can be vanilla orientated scents downfall..it’s certainly not the case here.

I don’t know why I’ve only just come across this particular fragrance as it is a very beautiful scent. The packaging suggests it’s suitable for the summery months, but I strongly disagree as this is much better when worn in the colder months. The spices give it a more Christmas

festive touch so if it has been launched originally as a Summer scent this is where it may have gone amiss.

This has good staying power when sprayed onto the skin and though fades quickly it then reaches a ‘comfortable’ degree of scent that lingers for several hours. It is both suitable for daytime and evening wear as I have worn it at different times of the day/evening and it has been acceptable on all occasions.

Age wise, I would say though the packaging is aiming at the younger market with it’s funky design, the fragrance itself has a very sophisticated grown up aroma that is more for women 30 years plus, but that is entirely my opinion.

If you like Oriental based fragrances and more specifically containing Vanilla, then this is a must to try.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 563121345490231/k2311a123/12.3.10