GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Echinacea & Goldenseal
  • I normally take some sort of supplement in the winter months to try to avoid getting all the colds and flu that go around
  • The problem came up one summer that I was not prepared for exposure to a summer flu
  • Echinacea /goldenseal is not a product that I had previous experience with so it is hard to compare, but I would feel pretty confident taking it again– and definitely the GNC brand because I trust their supplements implicitly
  • I would recommend this product as a preventative and immune support for anyone who hates getting viruses

• by reviewabit

I normally take some sort of supplement in the winter months to try to avoid getting all the colds and flu that go around. I’ve tried several formulas and found them to work fairly well, despite the skeptics claims. The problem came up one summer that I was not prepared for exposure to a summer flu! I was surprised to find that in July, an acquaintance that I had spent time with only a day before had fallen ill with a severe sore throat and cough. When I was with him, he was fine of course, but was obviously carrying and shedding the virus, because within a couple of days of hearing of his illness, I developed the same symptoms and was absolutely miserable.

It was too late for preventatives, and

I was taking over the counter medicines for the symptoms, but I wondered if I could recover faster if I took something to support the immune system as well. I needed to be well for an entertainment event I had to organize within the next week. I certainly did not have the energy for it in my current state.

I dragged myself to the GNC store. I knew that their supplements were always of reliable quality and this was important. As I watched him back slowly away from me as I told my story (who could blame him?) He eyed the counters and zoned in on GNC’s Herbal Plus echinacea and goldenseal.

He told me to take this by the directions and I should get better soon. It wasn’t expensive, and ...

• I got a discount, so I didn’t mind giving it a try. I took the capsules for two weeks.

The directions suggested one or two a day, so I took one in the morning and one before bed. The capsules are typical capsules– they want to stick to my tongue when I am trying to swallow them, which is annoying on a good day, but really irksome with a sore throat. I managed though.

These capsules are to be kept refrigerated after opening. This is not a problem, except that I had to make a trip to the fridge rather than having them at my bedside, from which I really just did not want to leave for a few days. It would be impossible to prove if the product really helped

or not, since the nature of viruses is to clear up on their own anyway, but I was feeling better within a couple of days.

I kept taking the product for another ten days or so, just in case the bug decided to rebound, or that my immune system was compromised from having a recent blow. Fortunately, I did not get sick again until the winter. I suppose the product did its job.

Echinacea /goldenseal is not a product that I had previous experience with so it is hard to compare, but I would feel pretty confident taking it again– and definitely the GNC brand because I trust their supplements implicitly. I would recommend this product as a preventative and immune support for anyone who hates getting viruses. That’s pretty much everybody, I’m sure.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 343121345370231/k2311a123/12.3.10