Sephora Rouge Cream Lipstick in Decollete  » Cosmetics  »
  • This lip color is definitely different from the others in the palette that I have tried
  • I think there may even be a couple of brown shades I tried

• by Lisa Pellegrini

This is one of the softer pink lip colors in Sephora’s limited-edition lip palette, which is $15. The original price was $36, so you are saving a lot of money here, especially since the lip palette includes fifteen lip colors and a lip brush. I never tried any of Sephora’s lipsticks before I purchased this palette, so this has given me a chance to test the creaminess of their lipsticks as well as the pigmentation in comparison to other make-up companies.

This lip color is definitely different from the others in the palette that I have tried. The others have been reds, beiges, deep raspberries, and plums. I think

there may even be a couple of brown shades I tried. But Decollete is what I would call a true pink, similar to bubble-gum pink. It is a little pinker than baby pink. This is a nice, simple color and shade of pink, although I would have to say that it is a little flat and doesn’t have much dimension on my face. I usually like bolder or brighter lip colors, or metallic lip colors (whether they are soft or bright). Also, I really have to load up the brush with a lot of color in order to get it to show up well on my face. Of ...

• course that is because I am working with a brush and not applying the lipstick directly from the tube. The Rouge Cream formula is creamy enough for my taste.

Decollete is the right color for women who like pink lipstick but not bright raspberry pinks or fuchsia pinks. It is a pretty mild and tame pink lipstick, for all of you women who don’t like flashy pinks. So it is a good color to wear in the summer time, when we normally wear lighter colors of clothing.

I think this is also one of those lip colors that you can mix with other shades, perhaps a metallic to give

it some extra depth. That’s why it’s good that it is included in the special lip palette, so you have fourteen other shades that you can combine it with. I would sweep a frosty lip gloss over it to give Decollete an icy glow.

I wouldn’t bother buying Decollete as an individual lipstick tube. It costs $12, but it makes more sense to spend $15 and get the palette with the fifteen lip colors. But don’t wait too long. The palette has been around for a couple of months, and Sephora may run out! If the store itself runs out, then you can always try getting it on the Sephora website.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313121345330131/k2311a123/12.3.10