Sephora Lip Attitude - Glamour Lipstick in Dreaming Plum  » Cosmetics  »
  • It's interesting how a make-up company's description of a lipstick shade differs from my own description of it, once I put it on my lips
  • I don't know, but in my opinion, Sephora should have described it as a rosy color
  • It basically looks like a creamy lip tint on me, and it doesn't really light up my face as much as I like a lipstick to
  • I would definitely mix this color with one or two other colors in the palette and create a brand new shade

• by Lisa Pellegrini

It’s interesting how a make-up company’s description of a lipstick shade differs from my own description of it, once I put it on my lips. This lip color Dreaming Plum looks like a brownish plum color in the palette. (This is Sephora’s limited-edition lip palette that includes 15 lip colors for $15.) Sephora describes Dreaming Plum as “sheer light raisin,” but on my lips it basically looks like a muted rose color. But it does seem sheer, because I had to dip the lip brush in the color a lot before I got some

decent pigmentation on my lips.

This is a pretty natural looking shade, because it looks like it is just a few shades deeper than my own natural lip color. That’s why it has a kind of rosy glow on my face. It’s almost like a lip tint, but the texture is a little thicker, and the Lip Attitude - Glamour lipstick formula is creamier than a watercolory lip tint.

So since this looks like a natural extension of my own lip color, then I suppose you could wear Dreaming Plum with virtually any color of clothing.

• It doesn’t have to be specifically plum colors. Because it is a subdued color, it is neutral looking, so it should look acceptable with just about anything.

This may be one of those lip colors like Clinique’s Almost Lipstick in Black Honey, which is known to be a raisin color that looks different on every woman. Maybe Dreaming Plum also takes on a different look for every woman who wears it. I don’t know, but in my opinion, Sephora should have described it as a rosy color.

In any case, this is an okay lip color

on me, but I would not spend $12 a tube on it, which is what it costs. It basically looks like a creamy lip tint on me, and it doesn’t really light up my face as much as I like a lipstick to. Do yourself a favor and buy the inexpensive lip palette instead, so you can try Dreaming Plum and also have an assortment of other lip colors to play around with. I would definitely mix this color with one or two other colors in the palette and create a brand new shade.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313121345290131/k2311a123/12.3.10