Aveda Witch Hazel Hair Spray 8.5 ounce  » Health  »
1.0
  • I had to do some looking around to find it, and finally resorted to my hairdresser, who ordered it for me, but claimed she really knew nothing about the product and could not really recommend it
  • I found that I could not really detect the witch hazel by smell, something I was concerned with, because I am not fond of the fragrance of witch hazel
  • I continued using it anyway, since I paid nearly thirteen dollars for it

• by reviewabit

This product by Aveda hair care was recommended to me by a fellow thin-hair sufferer. After coloring my hair, I experienced some itching and small bumps in my scalp, and since my hair is thinning progressively on top over the past few years, I panicked and worried that the area of skin irritation was going to cause even more hair to fall out. When my friend told me about how good witch hazel was for the scalp, and I read that it could also be used to volumize hair, I was interested in how exactly to use it.

She told me

that she bought the Aveda hair spray with witch hazel. I was not even aware that such a product existed.

I had to do some looking around to find it, and finally resorted to my hairdresser, who ordered it for me, but claimed she really knew nothing about the product and could not really recommend it. I was relieved when it came in, because my itchy scalp was getting worse and driving me nuts.

I used it to set my hairstyle the next morning. I found that I could not really detect the witch hazel by smell, something I was concerned with, because I am not fond of the fragrance of witch hazel.

It turned out to be a very light formula of hair spray. It did not hold as well as the products I normally used, but did a good job of keeping fly-aways down.

I simply used more of it than I normally would. In my excitement over finding a witch hazel product to use, I really didn’t think things through very well, and did not realize until applying it, that the product was not getting into my scalp at all, which was what it was intended to treat.

...

• Aveda Witch Hazel Hair Spray 8.5 ounce
      I continued using it anyway, since I paid nearly thirteen dollars for it. Within a few weeks, it was safe to say that the product had not really helped the scalp situation, and was not pulling its weight as a hairspray either, since the hold was weak, forcing me to use up the very expensive bottle quickly.

The really silly thing is, witch hazel is not expensive at all, and is readily available in drug stores. Why did I go through so much trouble to find a product which was not going to get to the place it needed to be

to work, when all I had to do was simply buy some witch hazel and treat my scalp with it?

I did this, and found that witch hazel, used straight out of the bottle, does help to soothe scalp itching, but I did not notice any difference in the volume of my hair for using it.

I am still not fond of the smell, but it doesn’t last long. I would probably not recommend the Aveda witch hazel spray, because I don’t see any advantages to using it over any others.

At any rate, it was neither worth the money or hassle of finding it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 343121345260131/k2311a123/12.3.10