Sephora Lip Attitude - Star Lipstick in Impertinent Nude  » Cosmetics  »
  • It has a nice soft shine on my lips, but I think it will look even better if I apply some lip gloss over it
  • My lips are almost shapeless, so that may be part of the problem
  • So I can only recommend Impertinent Nude if you plan on wearing lip gloss over it, or if you wear heavy eye make-up on most days

• by Lisa Pellegrini

This is the other nude shade in the Sephora lip palette. The first one, Dolce Nude, is a little darker and the color makes me think of putty. This shade called Impertinent Nude has some pink tones in it, so it looks more like a flesh color. It’s just a bit deeper than the color of my own skin, and I am fair. So I guess even beige lipstick comes in a variety of shades, not just pink or red lipstick. And I was lucky to get both of those beige shades in the palette. That way I can wear each of them alone or mix them with the other lip colors in the palette. By the way, the palette is $15 for 15 lip colors. That

is a no-brainer in my book, if you have never worn Sephora lipstick before and you’re curious to know what it is like.

The Lip Attitude - Star lipstick formula is creamy on my lips. And as beige lipstick goes, Impertinent Nude isn’t too bad. Maybe that’s because it has pink in it, which compliments my fair complexion. It has a nice soft shine on my lips, but I think it will look even better if I apply some lip gloss over it. Beige lipstick doesn’t normally do much to enhance my looks. My lips are almost shapeless, so that may be part of the problem. They are not full enough or dimensional enough for beige lipstick to stand out on them, which is why I think gloss ...

• would help. The high shine would help to bring out my lips more because of the way the light would be reflected on them.

Anyhow, it is not a lip color that I would go out and purchase by itself, because I think it is meant to be worn with heavy eye make-up. I don’t wear eye make-up, except on very rare occasions. So that means that I would be wearing Impertinent Nude all alone, without any other make-up, and that wouldn’t look quite right. I could get away with that if I were wearing a red or fuchsia lipstick. But with a pale lip color like Impertinent Nude, my face will look washed out and practically lifeless without any other make-up to support it and compliment it.

So

I can only recommend Impertinent Nude if you plan on wearing lip gloss over it, or if you wear heavy eye make-up on most days. Otherwise, it may very well look dull on you, because it is so pale and neutral. It is $12 a tube, but I think the $15 lip palette is a much wiser purchase. You get so much more for your money. Another thing I would suggest is to try on Impertinent Nude in Sephora and see if it looks good on your lips. I really think you need to have the right lip shape to pull off wearing beige lipstick. If you do, then you are lucky! Otherwise, gloss your lips or do up your eyes, and I think you will look great.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313121345230131/k2311a123/12.3.10