Goody Wide-toothed Detangler #51331  » Cosmetics  »
  • But I like to pay for quality in spite of the price
  • This Goody detangler is definitely the most important out of the rest
  • I love my goody detangling comb very much and it plays an important role in taking care of hair after the shower
  • The best thing I noted from this comb is that I see less hair breakage/hair fall – a big contradiction to the popular myth that it’s bad to comb hair when wet
  • I highly recommend this detangling comb simply because it makes brushing wet hair possible

• by jhunie

I’ve been planning on buying some hair implements for weeks already, a month has passed, and finally, here comes the tools I so resolutely need, just in time to pamper my rebonded hair. I am really out of touch when hair tools are the point of the matter. It’s been a long time since I picked up a curling rod or straightening iron and hair brushes to the very least. Yes – I seldom brush my hair – that phobia for brushes I blame to my once frightful dilemma upon seeing plenty of fallen strands each time I brush. I survived by just combing hair through my fingertips. My former curly hairstyle was a pain to brush and my efforts were more focused on maintaining the texture of my perm. After bidding farewell to my curls, I realized how badly I wanted to use brushes to primp straight hair. I saw multiple listings in an ebay store selling several hair accessories. I’m a fan of goody’s ouchless elastics and many of such products in malls rarely get sold because people probably deem their prices quite an expense to pay for mundane hair stuff. But I like to pay for quality in spite of the price. Maybe it’s safe to say I just made a Goody haul and never in my life have I spent that much money for

hair grooming tools. This Goody detangler is definitely the most important out of the rest.

I praise this detangling comb as it makes a superb job in fixing tousled just-showered hair in an instant. I love my goody detangling comb very much and it plays an important role in taking care of hair after the shower. Hair still comes out scraggly and tangled even after conditioning. This combs out all that mess so everything falls back into place. I barely had to touch up afterwards, just a few sweeps of my bigger paddle brush finishes the style until hair is dry. My hair normally shows the same bad texture, and more so if I skip detangling my locks. The strands could dry awfully into webs and it gets harder to brush them as they dry. The best thing I noted from this comb is that I see less hair breakage/hair fall – a big contradiction to the popular myth that it’s bad to comb hair when wet. I think this works as much as the professional detangling brush they used for my hair in the salon.

The only upsetting fault I can find in this comb, though strange, is that it doesn’t work very well for brushing hair once completely dry. Even if my previously wet hair was detangled by this comb, it tends to stutter along the mid-part of ...

• the hair shaft, as if the strands were still sticking to each other. I guess the straightening treatment they did to my hair caused the strands to become thinner, as though I was naturally born with fine hair. Since this comb doesn’t really do a thorough job of piecing out each strand of hair, given its widely spaced teeth, then I don’t totally concur to what the packaging says it to be great at creating versatile styles. Anything that tugs my hair is a bad sign, although it handles my brittle damp hair very safely, I think I’d better leave its function primarily to sort out wet hair and not so much after that.

But one significant exception to the latter complaint is how leave-in styling products greatly improve the performance of the detangler. It is still possible to use the comb on dry hair, with the help of styling products. At the moment, I’m crazy about pureology’s shinemax serum, which provides a quick en-route to styling straight hair. Whether dry or wet, I find the detangling comb works seamlessly without a single snag. In case I’m heading out, I like to spread some oil-based serum while hair is slightly damp. This preps my hair for styling. Meanwhile, the detangler allows the product to become evenly distributed throughout the hair. I do this sometimes while facing the gush of

cold air blowing from the fan. I can multitask the job of hairstyling by drying my hair and detangling it simultaneously. No need to blow dry. I highly don’t suggest one should use this brush when heat-drying because it’s plastic, and I’ve heard the material could melt into the hair.

Smoothing products effectively assist the detangling purpose of this comb, so I encourage you to detangle with your favorite leave-on flourishes.

Different from other combs, this goody detangler feels gentle on the scalp. The tooth or individual spokes is not sharply tapered on the tip so it doesn’t scratch the head. It says on the packaging that the product is preferably for people with thick hair. It’s quite true because the comb stretches a good length and scoops deeply into the layers of hair. The comb is very long, horizontally it measures 7 inches. It’s obviously made with high quality material and sturdy enough to last. I also like the somewhat rubbery handle on one side of the comb. It’s soft and feels different from the solid plastic build of the rest of the comb. I actually saved a bit buying online, instead of retail. This one cost me only 3 dollars but you’d probably have to pay more if purchased in stores. I highly recommend this detangling comb simply because it makes brushing wet hair possible.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313121345220131/k2311a123/12.3.10