Milwaukee M12 Compact Driver  » Housewares  »
  • Having had a lot of excellent experience with Milwaukee tools, the name immediately attracted me to the drill
  • The best part about the drill is its size-to-power ratio
  • It makes it easy to drill and drive overhead and in interesting angles
  • The problem with these small drills has always been low power
  • But I can't hold this against the drill, since the advantages of the lithium-ion battery far outweigh that only slightly-annoying disadvantage

• by Ricardo L

One day I was at Home Depot looking for a cordless driver that was reletively inexpensive, had good power, and lightweight for my bad wrist. After looking at much larger drills, I came across the Milwaukee M12. Having had a lot of excellent experience with Milwaukee tools, the name immediately attracted me to the drill. Better yet, it was small, advertised good power, and was only $89 for a drill, two batteries, and a charger. It didn’t take me two seconds to put it in my cart.

The best part about the drill is its size-to-power ratio. It is ridiculously small and lightweight, especially for a 12v. It’s about the size of a common 8v drill with double or triple the power. The battery isn’t much bigger or heavier than a

D battery. The drill has a small size that makes it easy to maneuvar and get into tighter areas and angles. I have a bad right wrist due to consecutive breaks, and drills always gave me a lot of pain. Thanks to its light weight of under 3 pounds, the M12 doesn’t hurt nearly as much. It makes it easy to drill and drive overhead and in interesting angles. I can’t say enough about how awesome its small size and light weight is.

The problem with these small drills has always been low power. Not with the M12. It has the power of a common 14.4v in a 12v drill the size of an 8v. It delivers an outstanding 275 in-lbs of torque- enough to drive screws into strong material and ...

• drill holes in the hardest of woods. The small lithium-ion battery lasts for hours and only changes the power when it’s just about dead. As with every other lithium-ion battery, the problem is that it works 100% until three seconds before it dies completely. But I can’t hold this against the drill, since the advantages of the lithium-ion battery far outweigh that only slightly-annoying disadvantage.

Since I work in residential and commercial construction, a strong, durable drill is necessary. If I’m doing an overhead drill and it falls from the second or third story window to the ground, I’d hope it survives the fall. Time after time, the Milwaukee M12 has survived such a fall. The case has a little crack on it, otherwise it is unmarked and fully functional. It

once fell right on the bit and it didn’t do anything to the chuck (it wrecked the bit though). I simply can’t believe how durable this drill is. In addition to falling from two and three story heights, it has been run over by full size trucks, soaked in rain, covered in snow, and has been run for hours with hardly any rest. It still works like new. It is unbelievable in durability.

I am more than impressed with this drill. It is extremely durable, has superior power, and is small and light weight. Better yet, it was only $89. It stands true to the Milwaukee name. It is yet another tool that continues my loyalty to Milwaukee products. All things considered, it is the best drill I have ever had.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532121344921231/k2311a122/12.2.10