Salute on the beach restaurant
1000 Atlantic Boulevard, Key West, FL 33040
  • Calamari is what I recommend starting off with, followed by a grilled rib-eye steak for dinner

• by surfercoast

Awhile back ago a group of friends and I were looking for a new Italian restaurant that we have all never been to, and we came across Salute on the beach, and we all agreed that Salute on the beach was, and still is a very good Italian restaurant to just go to, relax and enjoy some excellent Italian chow. We all have raved about this place and I still rave about Salute to residents of Florida as well as tourists, and for good reasons too!

One of the main reasons why my friends and I have nothing but good things to say about Salute is location, location, location! Salute on the beach is called that for a reason, because Salute really does offer A+ views of the ocean, and the views of the ocean are impressive and relaxing to look at while enjoying

a sweet meal. Salute is a great place to dine outdoors at, and at night time, the beach is so nice. Salute is never dirty which is surprising given the dining area is outside, but everybody does a great job at keeping the dining area clean and looking sharp.

Now when I first went to Salute I wasn’t sure how the Italian food would taste or what kind of menu they would have and I was unsure if I was going to like the way the food was cooked but I have visited Salute many times so as you can tell, I really liked this place and Salute left a very good impression on my friends and I ever since we went here for the first time. Clams, Calamari, Salads, pasta, and steaks are found on the menu. Calamari is what I recommend starting off ...

• with, followed by a grilled rib-eye steak for dinner. The rib-eye steak I cooked so perfectly and is always a delight to have, or the roasted pork loin is a nice choice, no matter what kind of meat I get at Salute the meat is so tender. There are many beverages to choose from and sometimes I opt for a simple drink such as cappuccino, wine or just soda. A variety of white and red wines are available on the menu.

Breakfast is not on the menu, just lunch and dinner is served here, and they open up at 11am and they stop serving customers are 9:30pm, and I find that these hours are good. I spend around $60–$70 on a trip to Salute, and given the excellent dishes that can be ordered from Salute, it really is not a whole lot of cash to

spend on a night out.

Waiters here are all well dress, and usually they make excellent recommendations on what foods and drinks to get, and they are always friendly. The restaurants is friendly to everybody and treats tourists and residents equal, which a lot of restaurants in Key West does not do but Salute treats everybody with the same respect.

I give Salute a 10 for service, a 10 for food and beverages, 10 for location and 10 for the relaxing and inviting environment that I always find at Salute. I say that Salute is a 5 star restaurant at a 3 star price. If you love Italian food like I do and you enjoy warmth and nice ocean views than you will love Salute, so go to Key West and enjoy some awesome views, some awesome Italian food and enjoy the relaxing environment that Salute offers.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72121344841231/k2311a122/12.2.10